• iPhone 11 Pro - 512Gb

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 64Gb

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 256Gb

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 512Gb

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 51 17.0%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 109 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
just got my pro max and im not entirely sure but the screen doesn't seem as bright as my xs max surely thats not right?

Had the same problem, then found Auto Brightness hiding away under Accessibility/Display and turned it off. Now seems better, think the Auto Brightness was being mega aggressive

Associate
Just received my iPhone 11 after upgrading from my battered Pixel 2. Really impressed so far, although haven't really had much of a play-around as still waiting on my new sim, which will hopefully arrive later today or tomorrow.

Big upgrade for me though - have been on Androids for the past 3-4 years so its a bit of adjustment coming back to iPhone but needed a change. The standard 11 is fine for me as not too fussed about some of the fancy extra stuff, I don't use my phone for anything too special.

Any tips on apps to download, case for the 11 and if Applecare is worth it?

Thanks!

Associate
I've had this since I had the iPhone X and it's served me through the XS Max and now Pro Max

What I like is that because the way FaceID works, this is always angled perfectly. It doesn't come with a charger though, plugged it into an iPad charger.

Works fine both portrait and landscape

Thanks, ended up with this one works fine through the leather case (Pro Max). Think I will just keep it on this on my desk during the day and not bother charging at other times/with a cable.

Soldato
Bah. New handset still has the same issue. No idea what to do next. May have to build the phone from scratch and lose all my backups

Plonk it down on the front desk in an Apple store and let a genius* sort it out.

* I don't mean this disparagingly. If they can leave my mam impressed after a visit, they're doing something right.

Soldato
thinking about buying a 11 pro for the wife, shes currently got a x 64gb when I checked it earlier she's only used 20gb or so and still had 40+ free and thats after almost 2 years so surely the 64gb will do the trick and save me a few £££

Soldato
thinking about buying a 11 pro for the wife, shes currently got a x 64gb when I checked it earlier she's only used 20gb or so and still had 40+ free and thats after almost 2 years so surely the 64gb will do the trick and save me a few £££

I have quite a bit on Spotify downloaded, but my files and photos live mostly on iCloud (amongst other places), so while I was skeptic all getting 64GB, I've got at least 30GB left without checking. That's also with about 10 FLAC albums too.

Soldato
Bah. New handset still has the same issue. No idea what to do next. May have to build the phone from scratch and lose all my backups

What’s the issue?
I did a clean install this time around, but you still get your contacts, notes, images from the cloud. What else is there you need from a backup?

Soldato
My 11 pro arrived today, went with the non max in the end. Currently have a 6S+ hopefully I can transition back ok!

It’s still in the box though, had carpet fitters in today and I’m not putting the house back together.

Associate
I upgraded from a Xs 256GB to an 11Pro 256GB. The battery is *so* much better, my old Xs would barely get me through the afternoon. The 11 Pro can do me a day and a half easily without charge.

Soldato
Just upgraded from my four year old 6s to an iphone 11. It took a small while to get used to there not being a home button but all good now. Battery life seems wayyyy better (even after i got my 6s battery replaced a year ago). The camera is obviously leaps and bounds ahead of the 6s...so much brighter and wide angle is great.

In fact, as a professional wedding and event photographer with thousands of pounds worth of nikon lenses, I actually find it almost a little depressing how good these smart phone cameras are these days :D

A tiny bit annoying that it can't show battery percentage due to the notch, i hadn't realised that. Though i do know that you can just swipe down from the top right to see all that info. Very minor complaint of course.

Overall I think it's a good upgrade. I could have easily carried on using the 6s for another year or even more, but 4 years is a pretty respectable amount of time to get out of a phone so I thought I'd treat myself. Also, my 6s suffered from the (known issue??) of rather low call volume. I always had to have the volume at max for it to be acceptable and often would have liked it a bit louder really. Tried all sorts of fixes to no avail. Happy to report that the 11, as expected, is nice and loud in this regard!

Caporegime
Does the pro support HDR/DV in Netflix?

we have a premium sub but it doesn’t popup in the app when watching a film and just wondered if it was playing in HDR mode

Soldato
I upgraded from a Xs 256GB to an 11Pro 256GB. The battery is *so* much better, my old Xs would barely get me through the afternoon. The 11 Pro can do me a day and a half easily without charge.

got to say, feel like there was something drastically wrong with your Xs.

Soldato
got to say, feel like there was something drastically wrong with your Xs.

Yep, the 11 Pro battery is only 20pc bigger than the one on the XS. It’s definitely significant, but not enough to change a device that lasts an afternoon into one that lasts all day and more. My own XS battery is at 96pc health and I get 6-7 hours SoT if I’m browsing, less on games, but it’s always a healthy amount of SoT.

Associate
Yep, the 11 Pro battery is only 20pc bigger than the one on the XS. It’s definitely significant, but not enough to change a device that lasts an afternoon into one that lasts all day and more. My own XS battery is at 96pc health and I get 6-7 hours SoT if I’m browsing, less on games, but it’s always a healthy amount of SoT.

The processor and OLED this year are more efficient too, topped with a bigger battery, is giving the results people are seeing.

Back
Top Bottom