• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

Man of Honour
Yeah I know someone who has spent way more than replacing it with a top end TV just keeping a plasma screen running. I have to say personally I don't see the attraction but fair dos there are plenty of things I would spend money on keeping going that you can't buy new any more, etc.

EDIT: Not to be sexist or anything but funny thing is to look at her you wouldn't think she was someone who'd intimately know the ins and outs of a plasma screen and how to fix it.

Man of Honour
Still rocking my 50" plasma, inky blacks, superb colours, what's not to like?

Just dreading having to get it regassed. Can't imagine how difficult it must be to inject each and every pixel.

I might be talking complete rubbish but from what I picked up unless you have an early model (I don't think they did 50" then) you'd need to run it 24x7 for over 6 years for things like re-gassing to be a factor before its had it anyhow.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Still rocking my 50" plasma, inky blacks, superb colours, what's not to like?

Just dreading having to get it regassed. Can't imagine how difficult it must be to inject each and every pixel.
Same here. It is has been so good that I have not been in a rush to get an OLED. Now that OLED has matured and has HDMI 2.1 also, I just need to wait for a good deal to come along.

Soldato
I might be talking complete rubbish but from what I picked up unless you have an early model (I don't think they did 50" then) you'd need to run it 24x7 for over 6 years for things like re-gassing to be a factor before its had it anyhow.

:p:D

Same here. It is has been so good that I have not been in a rush to get an OLED. Now that OLED has matured and has HDMI 2.1 also, I just need to wait for a good deal to come along.

Yeh, I'd love an LG OLED going by the reviews.

But then again, my plasma does all I ask of it. I'll probably keep it until it goes pop.

I'll still keep an eye out on any black Friday deals though.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
:p:D

Yeh, I'd love an LG OLED going by the reviews.

But then again, my plasma does all I ask of it. I'll probably keep it until it goes pop.

I'll still keep an eye out on any black Friday deals though.
It does what I ask also. I do not need OLED and could easily just keep using it for the foreseeable future, but OLED looks so good that I want one once the price is right :D

Associate
Order of magnitude less power usage and heat, greatly improved software and features, 4K resolution, minimal bezels. Plenty of reasons to upgrade from plasma to OLED if you can justify the cost.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Order of magnitude less power usage and heat, greatly improved software and features, 4K resolution, minimal bezels. Plenty of reasons to upgrade from plasma to OLED if you can justify the cost.
Plenty of reasons indeed. Just not a fan of splashing cash about when what I already have keeps everyone happy is all. I can think of many things I could spend 2K on or even better just wait and get the same thing for 1K on sales and stick the other 1K on the mortgage. Horses for courses and all that :)

Let’s see how much they drop in price for Black Friday. If not enough I am happy to wait until 2020 models comes out and pick a 2019 model at clearance prices. Never know, 2020 ones may come in at lower prices anyway with better features. One of the reasons I want it is for it to go with a PS5, but that is not out until Q3 2020 anyway by the looks of it, maybe even Q4. Was hoping it would be Q1 but that does not look likely.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I spent about 5 minutes with it in BF5 before switching it off. Never seen such inconsistent frame rates.
Maybe your card is faulty? Surely it can’t be that bad, sunshine et al would have us believe it the best thing since sliced bread. Lol :p

He is fed up of posts like yours! :D

Back
Top Bottom