Your current Fish tank Setups!

Soldato
Made a bit of a **** up with with my RO water the last 2 weeks.
Thought the dosing instructions said teaspoons, but it's actually tablespoons!

Soldato
Could use some hasty advice.
Noticed that there is a slip dip in the cabinet unit, that my tank is sitting on.

I've been advised to put some acrylic under the tank, but I'm not sure what size.
Was thinking 10mm thickness, but what size, should I aim for it to be just as big as the tank, or aim for the suface area of the drawer?

Or is this doomed to failure, should I look to get a proper aquarium cabinet?

Soldato
Soldato
picked up a copperband buterfly today.
Its been feeding at the shop for 3 weeks + qt time so should be quite hardy and they fed it whilst i was there.

fed mysid a couple hours after introducing and it ate straight away as-well as picking at the rock-work.

fingers crossed as these fish are incredibly finicky and seem to kick the bucket if you Sneeze at them. so beautiful tho and worth trying imo.

rmngljA.jpg
lHW1sKZ.jpg

mbmQA49.jpg

Soldato
Its been feeding at the shop for 3 weeks + qt time so should be quite hardy and they fed it whilst i was there.

fed mysid a couple hours after introducing and it ate straight away as-well as picking at the rock-work.

fingers crossed as these fish are incredibly finicky and seem to kick the bucket if you Sneeze at them. so beautiful tho and worth trying imo.

rmngljA.jpg
lHW1sKZ.jpg

mbmQA49.jpg

Mine lasted 3 days before the yellow tang killed it, lovely fish.

Soldato
Mine lasted 3 days before the yellow tang killed it, lovely fish.

Sorry to head that. the shop mentioned they dont mix well with tangs or fish like anthias

fortunately im not a fan of tangs :) thought my angel would have gone mentalist at it as per usual with new fish but it all seems to have gone really smoothly!

Associate

rmngljA.jpg
lHW1sKZ.jpg

mbmQA49.jpg

Did you buy that from AAC by any chance? They had a lovely one a week or two ago when I was there! (I think you said you use AAC?)

Soldato
Ordered myself the smaller cabinet in the end, called the company and they said the larger model wasn't braced in the middle.

Not had much time for the tank this week due to work, but did some water testing last night.
0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite. Nitrates are sitting at around 10ppm.

Should I be adding some sort of ammonia product to keep the filter bacteria fed?
I don't have any kind of livestock at the moment (was hoping to add some shrimp next week), I'm still unsure how ammonia got into the tank in the 1st place.

BTW does anyone have any shrimp recommendations, I was going to get some cherry shrimp to start.

Soldato
The easiest way is get some filter media from an established tank. That will cycle it pretty much instantly and then add a few small fish straight away.

Back
Top Bottom