• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Took the words out my mouth there Fantastic! Thats a bad thing how?...

"Let us take this meaningless info and we will use it to give you a better experience!"

What first drew it to my attention was the extra CPU useage incurred by the Nvidia telemetry software.

It was a significant amount.

This may have changed now but it coloured my view of it, and the fact that they do not give an option to not install it.

Caporegime
Am i missing something here, but with the GeForce Experience requiring an account, why don't you just not make a one, then you won't be using it, and not sending them data etc...., so it wont matter that you have it installed.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
What first drew it to my attention was the extra CPU useage incurred by the Nvidia telemetry software.

It was a significant amount.

This may have changed now but it coloured my view of it, and the fact that they do not give an option to not install it.

What extra cpu usage? Mine sits between 0 - 3% with a normal install and I'm signed into GeForce Experience.

V F

V F

Soldato
It was using around 8%.

It didn't go unnoticed and Nvidia fixed it.

This wasn't recent, happened a while ago, hence my remark "this may have changed now".

Ah, I think I may have remembered that. There were a few builds GeForce Experience was also iffy but there has been many times GeForce Experience has been really buggy on some releases. Even simple things as not launching.

Caporegime
Rofl, its another 'Hotfix' driver. :D

NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 436.51 HOTFIX

Highlights
GeForce Hotfix display driver version 436.51 is based on the latest Game Ready Driver 436.48.

This Hotfix driver addresses the following:

• FIFA 19/FIFA 20/Star Wars: Battlefront II (2017) – Game may randomly crash to desktop
  • Apex Legends: Random flicker during gameplay

Back
Top Bottom