UEFA Champions League/Europa League ** Spoilers ** [1/2/3 October 2019]

Soldato
Yes but I was referring to the point in the game where they started to panic and he lost the ball a couple of times in quick succession trying to force something that wasn't on.

I'm sure you knew what I meant before you elected to post the smart arse comment though.

Forwards often lose the ball...ive lost count the amount of times Salah has won a game for us tbh. Trent and Gini lost it more often like but carry on x.

Don
A lot will be said about our performance last night but you've got to give Salzburg a lot of credit for how they played. Their pressing, braveness to press us and counter attacking was as good as I can remember against us in a very long time. Even in the first 30 minutes, where we played extremely well, they always looked a threat. I get the feeling that Klopp was fairly happy for it to be an open game at the start and for it to be almost a shootout, with our greater quality in attack and at CB to prove the difference. At 3-0 up I'm not sure how good an idea it was to carry on that way and judging by Klopp's post match comments it sounded like it wasn't his idea for us to still be so open at the back. Maybe, as Klopp said, we got a little complacenet with how easy it was for us to carve them open and we just kept bombing forward, leaving huge spaces at the back. It was very much like a Liverpool performance from 2-3 years back - it takes a special type of madness to get repeatedly caught on the counter attack when you're leading 3-0 or 3-1. We have a lovely habit of finding ways to win games when we're not 100% at it though and with Napoli dropping points, it puts us in a very strong position going into back to back games with Genk.

Soldato
Why isn’t Solskjær getting them to pressure AZ, pass forward and attack?! Can’t he point out that they were doing this when he first joined? I just don’t get it. Really doing my head in that it’s a complete u-turn from the first 9 games of his tenure.

Soldato
Missed the first half of the United game. Thankfully.
2nd period not really any better it seems. The young lad Williams has impressed me the last couple of times he has played. I'd start him ahead of Young.
Matic really is an awful player. He looks even worse on the plastic pitch.
You switch on a United match these days hoping that something is going to click. It never does. In fact it gets harder to endure. I'm not Ole out but I'm losing faith.

Don
If they wasn't planning on playing Ozil this season they should have made more of an effort to sell him.
You can't sell him because nobody will pay him a fraction of what he's currently earning. I'd imagine you're trying to freeze him out in the hope that he'll be more willing to take a pay cut to leave.

Soldato
Missed the first half of the United game. Thankfully.
2nd period not really any better it seems. The young lad Williams has impressed me the last couple of times he has played. I'd start him ahead of Young.
Matic really is an awful player. He looks even worse on the plastic pitch.
You switch on a United match these days hoping that something is going to click. It never does. In fact it gets harder to endure. I'm not Ole out but I'm losing faith.
Agreed, Williams is definitely an upgrade on Young. But then I think I would be too! :D
And on comes the future Southampton player... McTominay.

Back
Top Bottom