Central heating issue, timer or something else?

Don
Noticed that when we turn the heating on manually we would then notice it had gone back off again so set to continuous and saw this

video has sound

Does this look like a faulty timer or something else tripping it?

Thanks

Last edited:

SMN

SMN

Soldato
Hard to say based on that video, if it was something tripping it the timer wouldnt come back on with the correct time at a guess? Probably a faulty timer, should be a fairly straight forward replacement.

Soldato
That sounds like a protection circuit kicking in... Is that on the heating unit or something else?

If it's electric heating, is there a short somewhere? Maybe an element?

Don
OP
It runs gas boiler

looks like it may be the programmer / timer

found a couple like this (same make but different model) but looks almost identical and this is a timer fault

Soldato
have a honeywell and for ours it's usually the battery level and even it making poor contact in the battery compartment , when the it comes on it draws more current,
it makes a click (although there can't be a hardware relay !?) and I think the battery can't meet that demand so supply to it get's glitched through voltage regulator

Last edited:
Soldato
have a honeywell and for ours it's usually the battery level and even it making poor contact in the battery compartment , when the it comes on it draws more current,
it makes a click (although there can't be a hardware relay !?) and I think the battery can't meet that demand so supply to it get's glitched through voltage regulator
Ours does similar - if I haven't used it for a bit, the first time I push a button it blacks out and powers back up. No click or anything though, just silently fades out.

It's very similar but not quite like yours, will have to take a photo when I'm home. Runs off 2x AAs

Back
Top Bottom