** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
I was looking at this to replace my aging monitor but after the last page I think I'll give it a hard pass. Waiting for a decent 27" monitor with good QC is like waiting for a train that never shows up.

Associate
My monitor ordered on the 12th of July turned up today, its very impressive, no issues with quality, no glow or back light bleed that I can see although I am no monitor connoisseur, I feel sorry for that chap that got the damaged unit. Just thought I would add a positive to the thread.

Associate
I also got a damaged unit. Oh well.

I'll be sending this back and getting a refund. No way I'm getting put at the back of the list and having to wait another month or two.

same issue as the other guy, damaged screen.

FOR **** SAKE

Associate
Since getting back into having a PC gaming I've been looking at getting a 144 hz monitor to match up with my 5700 XT.
I never knew it would be so much of a problem as I've been staring at a 2009 27" iMac for the past ten years and still find that to be way better than most of the other monitors I've seen, though I confess I've not yet used a 144 hz one.

We use Dell P and U series 24" and 27" monitors at work and whilst they're pretty good for day to day use, don't have the colour, contrast, or brightness of a 10 year old model.
This, along with the multiple reports of having to play the IPS lottery and horrendous QC issues from the manufactuers has kept me on target display mode for a bit longer.

Here's hoping the newly announced LG 27GL83A may improve the situation regarding availability.

In a similar boat to you, except i'm looking at a few retina 27" iMac monitors (and an iMac Pro monitor, but they're all the same) and I tried a few VA panels and thought they were disgusting in comparison. I used a £600 Samsung VA over Christmas period and it had the thickest grainiest coating over the screen, how on earth people find that acceptable I'll never know. It actually made things difficult to see in the distance!

All i've really wanted is a screen that looks as good as my Apple screens do in terms of colour (wide colour gamut), contrast, brightness, but with 144hz and the best input lag I can get.

Associate
I also got a damaged unit. Oh well.

I'll be sending this back and getting a refund. No way I'm getting put at the back of the list and having to wait another month or two.

same issue as the other guy, damaged screen.

FOR **** SAKE
That''s bad to hear, was it external damage through the box or just the screen itself is damaged?

Associate
Very sorry for you chaps with damaged units, I would be really miffed to see that turn up at this long.

Just wanted to add a +1 on how impressive this unit is. No detectable BLB at normal viewing distance. A very small amount of IPS glow but far superior to my current dell 29 ultra wide.

I've tried a couple of other monitors at this size, Res, and refresh rate recently, a dell TN version and the Asus IPS one. Returned both immediately. The dell TN had disgusting colours and the Asus IPS was just horrific for BLB. Honestly I'm really happy with the unit so far. Great colours, great brightness, and way better value than other options. If only there wasn't such short supply!

Soldato
Set mine up last night.

Phyiscally it's fine. No damage.

I'm using the display port and initally fiddled around with Gamer1 setting.

No bleed that I've noticed but I do find the glow a bit much. Coming from a Hazro 27" which I've always found spot on presentation wise (I believe it's an IPS) and has very little to no glow.

It's not so noticeable when doing things or gaming but on start up or a black screen it's quite noticeable.

I'll post a pic later, see what the consensus is on it.

Associate
Mine has just arrived. I have been lucky and its intact. It arrived in just the LG bare packaging and I can see why some are damaged as the design of the package has the screen facing the exterior of the box. There is thin polystyrene between the box and the screen, but it wouldn't take much of an indentation or knock on the box to effect the screen in some way.

On a positive note, Im glad it has been delayed because it has taken the risk of getting thunder bugs stuck behind the screen for at least another year!

I have changed from a 32 inch ips monitor as my 1080ti was starting to struggle to run new games. Its my first experience of a gsync high refresh monitor and I am blown away. I could never go back to 60fps now. Im also happy to report there is no nasty glow in a dark room and I have no dead pixels. The colours also look great, very vibrant.

Associate
Just adding to the people who got a display in the latest batch and are very happy with it. Really impressive framerate & colour.

There’s either not a lot of BLB or it’s just not something I notice.

Contrast etc seem fine / better than what I was used to on my old LG ultra wide.

Associate
Well now I'm a bit worried. Mine got shipped and was delivered yesterday, but the DPD delivery derper didn't bother to put a card through the door so now I have to wait until tomorrow and hope my neighbours are in, and that they didn't just sling the package in the corner and damage it :/

Associate
I'm quite underwhelmed with my unit. On the positive side, I haven't noticed any glow or bleed, panel seems pretty uniform.

Coming from a TN panel which I was led to believe has "washed out" colours, this monitor looks comparable in sRGB mode and way oversaturated in Gamer1 mode, which I know is due to the wide gamut but it's quite jarring.

In terms of the refresh rate, this is my first high refresh rate monitor and given how people rave about them online I was expecting to be blown away. As it is, during gaming if I REALLY look for it I can notice a difference, if I'm looking at scenery while moving the camera for example, but during normal gameplay it's not noticeable to me. I was expecting a life changing experience but what I got was "eh, I guess it's a bit smoother if I look for it?"

Associate
I'm quite underwhelmed with my unit. On the positive side, I haven't noticed any glow or bleed, panel seems pretty uniform.

Coming from a TN panel which I was led to believe has "washed out" colours, this monitor looks comparable in sRGB mode and way oversaturated in Gamer1 mode, which I know is due to the wide gamut but it's quite jarring.

In terms of the refresh rate, this is my first high refresh rate monitor and given how people rave about them online I was expecting to be blown away. As it is, during gaming if I REALLY look for it I can notice a difference, if I'm looking at scenery while moving the camera for example, but during normal gameplay it's not noticeable to me. I was expecting a life changing experience but what I got was "eh, I guess it's a bit smoother if I look for it?"

Have you set 144hz in your windows settings?

Associate
Have you set 144hz in your windows settings?

Yes for sure, 144Hz, 10 bit. I'm playing games with adapative sync where I'm getting well over 100 FPS, usually in the 130-140 range, confirmed via RTSS and confirmed that the monitor is at a high refresh rate through the OSD.

Having said that, today I've been playing a bit of the original Rage with the FPS unlocked with iD5 Tweaker, which handily lets you toggle between 60 FPS max and 144Hz max with the press of a keyboard button and I can see the difference today, quite noticeably. I've heard people say it's not always noticeable going up in refresh rate but it is when you go back to 60Hz, I guess that's happening to me. I've had this monitor since Thursday and I have flicked back and forth between low and high refresh rates before but couldn't see the difference until today.

Soldato
Yes for sure, 144Hz, 10 bit. I'm playing games with adapative sync where I'm getting well over 100 FPS, usually in the 130-140 range, confirmed via RTSS and confirmed that the monitor is at a high refresh rate through the OSD.

Having said that, today I've been playing a bit of the original Rage with the FPS unlocked with iD5 Tweaker, which handily lets you toggle between 60 FPS max and 144Hz max with the press of a keyboard button and I can see the difference today, quite noticeably. I've heard people say it's not always noticeable going up in refresh rate but it is when you go back to 60Hz, I guess that's happening to me. I've had this monitor since Thursday and I have flicked back and forth between low and high refresh rates before but couldn't see the difference until today.
Have you installed the monitor drivers as well? The smoothness is one area that was better than I expected. Even at 60hz/60fps its noticeable smoother than my old 60hz/60FPS screen. Which I assume is something to do with response time and freesync. Even motion in videos is better so I assume its due to the fast pixel switching setting.

Back
Top Bottom