• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Having installed a Pulse 5700xt and then MSI afterburner I'm getting GPU temp 1 60/70 GPU temp 2 80/90.

GPU 2 temp would mean a 2nd GPU but GPU trmp 2 is a second temp for GPU or I'm I missing something?

Just realized, this should be in the owners thread and I can't move it.

Merged by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
My Nitro+ hits 2045 at 1.182 stock
Is that the setting in WattMan?

My 5700 XT AE will do 2063Mhz stock at 1.138mv which in game is around 2000-2025Mhz. The only problem is on a super stressful game like Witcher 3 at 3440x maxed, you require at least 55% fan speed to stop from throttling.

In other games though you can get away with 50% ish.

I am going to try the washer mod to try and bring the temps down a little.

Associate
He means the pcb/vrm is slightly worse than reference. What that actually means in reality is very little.
Thanks,
Shouldn’t have posted that, it all made sense when I watched the red devil analysis.
Anyway no nitro for me, not at 310mm length. Looking at the red Devil now no dimensions listed on ocuk

Edit: red Devil is 300mm and both cards are 130mm wide, means I have to cut up my front rad and move my res. I could swap the front and top rad over but then I lose the rear rad and still have nowhere to put the red. If I buy a bigger case it’ll mean I might have to re assess my razen 3000 upgrade :(

Last edited:
Associate
Soldato
Yeah I sw the thread earlier.. he has updated it since with the video. I can replicate the wattman slider behaviour but my boost holds fine in the only game installed that he mentions (overwatch).
I can also confirm this. This is a major issue that might explain why I am having issues.
@Panos did you watch that video yet in that reddit post?
Here is my post about the problems I'm having with the Nitro
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/33059476

Has anyone got Enhanced Sync on?? I've free sync on and don't know whether to have image sharpening on, anyone with advice be greatly appreciated. Also has any experience a micro stutter?
I don't use it myself as I want raw performance. Do you actually see tearing? If so freesync should be all you need. And turn on Image Sharpening (no performance hit). I notice it in game right away.

Associate
I can also confirm this. This is a major issue that might explain why I am having issues.
@Panos did you watch that video yet?

I don't use it myself as I want raw performance. Do you actually see tearing? If so freesync should be all you need. And turn on Image Sharpening (no performance hit). I notice it in game right away.

Cheers mate will give it ago

Back
Top Bottom