• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intels XE 2020 desktop GPU hardware preview

Soldato
Oh boy, a tower of speculative comparison all the way to 2080 Ti.

Yeaaah lets see what actually comes out seeing as it's Intels first try at this.

Man of Honour
Cute, Intel still think they can make software. Doesn't matter how good the hardware is if the software is sub par. It will be sub par!

Soldato
OP
Intel Xe coming soon?

Raj posted this picture - it's a custom number plate on his Tesla - it says "THINKXE" along with a date embossed on the plate "Jun 2020"

af3os2da.5dl.jpeg

Soldato
I’m going to take a guess in saying there will be an incentive to use a Intel CPU with these upcoming Intel GPU’s.

Performance could be crippled artificially, or show substantial gains when combined with an Intel CPU.

Call it pessimistic, but this seems like the logical marketing progression to me, especially after hoovering up Lisa Su’s line about building an entire system around AMD architecture.

Will start with a few basic cards which show marginal improvements and competitiveness against AMD and Nvidia, then the real gouging will start.

I’d put a bet on it.

Back
Top Bottom