2016 R1 Engine surge

Soldato

Towards the end of the video you can see the engine RPM going up and down.

Between 3-6k rpm at a constant part throttle, in gear riding, or in neutral stopped, the engine surges.
I changed the spark plugs last month and have only ridden it a few times since, but the past 2 rides I've noticed this surge and can recreate every time.

-Replaced the gas
-Checked for kinks
-Checked for any air leaks
-Re-flashed the tune to make sure it isn't that
-Gave it an Italian tune up.

Above 6k rpm or with big throttle inputs it's perfect, pulls like it normally does, just that 3-6k surge on cruising throttle.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Is your exhaust servo functioning properly? That disables at 5.5k rpm if I remember correctly which might be why it clears up after that point.

Soldato
Im assuming its the same as the Mt10 and has the exhaust valve on the cat ? have you removed the cat ? if so and not had it mapped .. get it mapped.. My MT10 was pretty rough after removing cat and valve

Soldato
OP
Figured this out.

I have an ActiveTune module from FTECU which has AFR targets it constantly adjusts to meet... it seems it is now faulty as I can switch it off in the map and the bike runs fine.

Associate
Figured this out.

I have an ActiveTune module from FTECU which has AFR targets it constantly adjusts to meet... it seems it is now faulty as I can switch it off in the map and the bike runs fine.
Thanks for taking the time to say what the problem was.
I have the same bike, so its always handy to know these things

Back
Top Bottom