Just wondering what peoples opinions are for NobileChairs Hero?

Associate
I need a new chair as my current chair is on its last legs.

Reading some reviews, the Hero seems to be the best fit for my size being a larger chap. Just wonder what opinions are as the Hero is not the cheapest chairs out there.

Cheers

Associate
OP
Gaming style is not the be all or end all. I'm really after something that is more comfortable then the Akracing chair I've had for the last 3 or so years and used to death.

I work from home so need something that I can sit on for 7+ hours. The Hero looked like a good fit but thought I'd ask the community.

Budget, the Mrs would say as cheap as possible but I'm okay with £350.

Associate
I have a real leather Hero and also work from home, it's a truly great office chair in my opinion, I looked at designer office chairs but they're usually thin mesh or fabric material, and some don't even have headrests, they don't seem to offer as much chair for the money despite offering arguably superior ergonomics. Though the Hero is still great in that regard if you're bigger or taller and like a firm chair, it also has inbuilt adjustable lumbar support which many designer chairs don't. If you can swing for the leather it's worth it as a legitimate work from home office chair you can claim your VAT back on, it should also pay for itself quickly, the PU ones definitely seem good too though and also durable.

Here's a quote from another topic with some of my thoughts:

"I got a real leather Noblechairs Hero around a month back and I've done a few 50-60 hour working weeks in it, plus gaming, not 24 hour but likely as much as anyone has sat in the same chair in a working environment. I just checked out a few of those so called 24 hour rated chairs and I can say without doubt the Hero is better than many of them. Some of those "24 hour" rated ones don't even have adjustable armrests and they have curved ones at that.

Some complain the Hero is too hard as it's built very durably with firm, though still comfortable padding, but if you're even slightly larger or taller it's a really great chair for working long hours in my opinion. I think it's actually improved my posture."

Associate
OP
@PC777 Thanks for your input.

If you don't mind me asking, how would I claim the VAT back? I'm not self employed, I work for a firm who closed the Office I was working at. They gave me the option to travel 180 miles round trip to the nearest Site or switch to a Home worker - no brainer that.

Associate
My apologies, I incorrectly assumed you were self employed, so it wouldn't apply the same way. Though with an employer they might even have a fund for a chair, perhaps they'd meet you half way. Might be a scheme similar to ride to work or something like that.

Associate
Had back and sciatica problems in the past. Tried a so called gaming chair, 100 odd pounds from another shop and after less than a month the seat was thin as paper, despite the very light use (no more than 2 hours, few days per week). Decide to go all in with the hero and the footrest. Now I'm more inclined to watch movies for long periods at the pc rather than the sofa. The footrest helped, and I would recommend, even if a cheaper/simpler one.
It's firm, but not uncomfortable, and offers nice support, like my cars' seat.
Even after some long gaming section, no pain. Recommended.

Caporegime
I'm a couple of weeks into having a Hero from OCUK and I'm seriously considering sending it back. It's not directly that the foam is rock hard, which it really is, it's things like a not very ergonomic seat. I've had it before where a hard seat gets really uncomfortable on the coccyx. My last chair was a Chiro Plus, which had a far far softer foam seat but the seat was so much better shaped, curved better at the front edge so it digs into your leg a bit less and had no pressure around the coccyx area. After like 4-5 years it was a little worn and wobbly when the gaslift also crapped out but the cost of the chair had gone up significantly so I was hoping for something else that didn't become as wobbly/loss and frankly noisy (creaked a lot) over time.

These gaming chairs seem to focus on stupid shape/wrap around nonsense and don't focus on the shape of the seat/padding/different strength of padding in the seat at all.

There are things I like about it and things I don't. One of the things that bugs me the most is while I can lock the tilt so the seat is solid at it's most flat position it actually wobbles as well. Best thing about it is actually having the back rest tilt arm somewhere much more easily in reach than most chairs.

The neck support pillow is also a pain. Other gaming chairs have those slots in and a pillow that you can adjust the position of the pillow. On this it can basically fit across a 1-2 inch range at the very top and too high for me so I have to use it loose and constantly readjust it.

For £350 it needs a far more comfortable seat imo and the neck pillow not being able to be kept in the right place is a joke.

If the seat wasn't giving me pain when sitting on it for longer periods the pillow I could live with, but the seat being overall too hard is likely the reason it will end up going back.

OcUK Staff
I use the HERO on a daily basis at work and find it to be one of the most comfortable chairs I've ever used. Whilst it's firm at first, I found it becomes significantly more comfortable as time goes on whilst promoting an ergonomic posture using the in-built lumbar support. Even if I didn't work at OcUK I'd want one of these for daily use.

Back
Top Bottom