***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Quick question for the hive mind: Whilst LEGO don't make any Star Trek products (no license) do any of you know of any good 3rd party sets/fan creations that can be made for a reasonable price?

Caporegime
Quick question for the hive mind: Whilst LEGO don't make any Star Trek products (no license) do any of you know of any good 3rd party sets/fan creations that can be made for a reasonable price?

I bet a borg cube could look amazing!
Also never thought of this.
I would lap it up!

Soldato
Star Trek doesn’t really fit the Lego brand, you can sell Star Wars to kids, Star Trek not so much. Most Trekies will remember TNG airing on TV for the first time (aka mostly adults and getting on a bit) where thins like star wars and Harry Potter etc. very much spans the generations.

As much as Lego pleases Afols, there aren’t really any themes directly targeted at them (possibly Ideas being the exception). Most Lego gets bought for kids at the end of the day.

Soldato
Just seen the 42098 car transporter, looks awesome. Anyone know it it'll take any of the Creator cars such as the Mini, Beetle, F40 and Caterham? Had been considering trying to build a transporter trailer for my black cat rig to carry them but this could be an easier option.

Following on from this, most of them kind of fit:

transporter.jpg

Mustang and Caterham are too wide, Mini, Beetle, Camper and F40 are on although the F40 is the only one that's low enough to go on the lower deck and is a little bit too long to fit nicely on the trailer (the front set of ramps are down a little to accomodate it) and too wide to fit nicely on the transporter part.

Soldato
So it’s triple force Friday.

ordered myself the Yoda by 9am and had an email saying I’m on back order. I wouldn’t normally purchase a standard set direct as it will get discounted elsewhere but the GWP is really rather good and well worth paying RRP for.

The UCS Y-Wing has money off but I already have it, nothing else of interest for me.

I’m sure Smyths will get the UCS Star Destroyer and discount it like the Falcon sooner or later.

Associate
So it’s triple force Friday.

ordered myself the Yoda by 9am and had an email saying I’m on back order. I wouldn’t normally purchase a standard set direct as it will get discounted elsewhere but the GWP is really rather good and well worth paying RRP for.

The UCS Y-Wing has money off but I already have it, nothing else of interest for me.

I’m sure Smyths will get the UCS Star Destroyer and discount it like the Falcon sooner or later.

Ive just ordered the Y-Wing myself.

Soldato
£400 :eek: :( Looks awesome though ... not a one evening build haha

I like that they've moved across to using your phone as the control method - logical!

It even brings back a bit of the old Lego Mindstorms side of things where you could "programme" using pre written blocks of code to create custom movements - like it!

That designer they were talking to in the video needs a better fitting wardobe though :o

Back
Top Bottom