50m+ Wifi Booster Recommendation

Associate
Hi guys

So my sister has a wi-fi camera (PTZ 1080p Dome Camera IP66) installed in her stables and her current wi-fi booster (TP Link TL-WPA4220 TKIT AV600 Powerline) seems like it may be insufficient to do the job.
I've attached a photo with various points of interest. The distance from the wifi booster to the camera is roughly 50 metres, give or take.
The camera I think is some chinese product, but not sure if it's the camera that's the issue as the wifi drops out with the camera. The camera isn't so much for security, it's just so she can keep an eye on things when away.

I don't believe the wifi booster can be installed any closer to the camera.
As networking isn't my thing, I thought I'd ask here to see if you guys could recommend anything she could get which might be more reliable. Any suggestions?
Cheers guys.

https://i.ibb.co/BNvGN45/IMG-20191002-WA0001.jpg

Associate
You could try some sort of dish or collector, folk have had reasonable results building little directional whotsits around there wifi antennas for increased range.

Soldato
It’s not a 1-way conversation. Putting in a bigger ‘booster’ won’t help unless the camera end also has improved communications.

Mikrotik Wireless Wire is designed for precisely this scenario.

Soldato
Either a pair of wireless AP’s in bridge mode (I like Nano-stations, but not that cheap), or run a suitable cable if at all possible. WJA96 is quite right about only boosting one side of things, it’s be like someone standing at the house shouting and someone at the stables whispering a reply, it’s just not going to work without both sides being able to shout and in this case Chinese is the first language of one of them ;)

Man of Honour
50m should be pretty trivial to do really - I had 1300m @ 1Mbit/s working back in the day with a DIY directional antenna and not much else. Not really bothered with that kind of thing since 3/4G became a thing.

Back
Top Bottom