Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
Could someone with a 9900K test this area for me please.? it is Sirens Watch landing zone on Titan looking down from the platform.
Unlock fps and drop the resolution scale maybe to put as much load on the CPU as possible.
I'm CPU bottlenecked at 3440x1440 using 1080ti and R7 3700X.
Thanks.

Destiny-2.jpg

gjtYNbw

I will have a look when I get home later today,. I don't have you exact combo but can checking using my 3900x / 2080Ti and my wife's 8700k/2080. :)

Ok run some numbers:

3900X / RTX 2080Ti (Watercooled @ ~ 1965 "stock")

1440p Max - 90-100FPS / 60-75% GPU usage
1080p Max - 90-100FPS / 45-50% GPU usage
1080p Med - 90-100FPS / ~40% GPU usage

CPU clock - 4.25Ghz With 6-8 cores around 50% load (never peaked above 70% on any one core and was very sporadic across the cores that were loaded)

8700K (4.4) / RTX 2080 (@ ~1850 "stock")

2160p Max - 75FPS / 98-99% GPU usage
1080p Max - 95-105FPS / 50-55 GPU usage (CPU @ 4.7Ghz all core)
1080p Med - 90-100FPS / 40-45% GPU usage

CPU clock - 4.4Ghz With 6-8 cores around 50% load (never peaked above 70% on any one core and was very sporadic across the cores that were loaded)

(Note - Framerates are observed min max depending on what and who was on screen)

Overall given the CPU and GPU usage numbers it looks like the issue more down to the game itself rather than the CPU. CPU usage across cores was similar between my 3900x and my wife's 8700k factoring in the differing core count.

Other areas of the game I am frequently hitting my FPS cap of 142FPS (maintaining G-sync @ 144hz-2) so it looks more like an issue with Titan specifically.

EDIT: Added some numbers for my wife's system at a 4.7ghz all core OC. Very literal difference as I was expecting tbh.

Last edited:
Associate
It does feel good to be back in Destiny :)

I used to play on xbox one x and it's such a night and day difference on PC :D

Is there an OCUK clan open? I don't enjoy raids but usually do strikes and whatever else - if the clan is set up for raid teams (and I understand if it is) then I'll look elsewhere for a clan :)

Soldato
It does feel good to be back in Destiny :)

I used to play on xbox one x and it's such a night and day difference on PC :D

Is there an OCUK clan open? I don't enjoy raids but usually do strikes and whatever else - if the clan is set up for raid teams (and I understand if it is) then I'll look elsewhere for a clan :)

Check out Gam8le's post above. That is the "main" OCUK PC clan (to my knowledge).

Feel free to add me on steam as well, ID is in my sig. :)

Associate
Check out Gam8le's post above. That is the "main" OCUK PC clan (to my knowledge).

Feel free to add me on steam as well, ID is in my sig. :)

Thanks for that mate, appreciated :)

Sent a request to the clan and I'll add you on steam.

I guess I need to get a mic and stuff now to have some banter whilst gaming :D

Associate
Ok run some numbers:

3900X / RTX 2080Ti (Watercooled @ ~ 1965 "stock")

1440p Max - 90-100FPS / 60-75% GPU usage
1080p Med - 90-100FPS / ~40% GPU usage

CPU clock - 4.25Ghz With 6-8 cores around 50% load (never peaked above 70% on any one core and was very sporadic across the cores that were loaded)

8700K (4.4) / RTX 2080 (@ ~1850 "stock")

2160p Max - 75FPS / 98-99% GPU usage
1080p Max - 95-105FPS / 50-55 GPU usage (CPU @ 4.7Ghz all core)
1080p Med - 90-100FPS / 40-45% GPU usage

CPU clock - 4.4Ghz With 6-8 cores around 50% load (never peaked above 70% on any one core and was very sporadic across the cores that were loaded)

(Note - Framerates are observed min max depending on what and who was on screen)

Overall given the CPU and GPU usage numbers it looks like the issue more down to the game itself rather than the CPU. CPU usage across cores was similar between my 3900x and my wife's 8700k factoring in the differing core count.

Other areas of the game I am frequently hitting my FPS cap of 142FPS (maintaining G-sync @ 144hz-2) so it looks more like an issue with Titan specifically.

EDIT: Added some numbers for my wife's system at a 4.7ghz all core OC. Very literal difference as I was expecting tbh.

Thanks a lot. That's very helpful.

Soldato
Thanks for that mate, appreciated :)

Sent a request to the clan and I'll add you on steam.

I guess I need to get a mic and stuff now to have some banter whilst gaming :D

lol yup! :D

Thanks a lot. That's very helpful.

No worries. I was quite suprised with the results tbh. I saw a massive increase going from a 2700x to a 2900x in various areas of the game so I was expected a higher GPU utilisation, specifically at 1440p.

On a related note I just randomly spawned into various areas from the director and generally my framerate is 120+. Has to be something with Titan specifically.

Soldato
I find that a bit weird, a bit disappointing too, at least my fav weapon went to 750 (then I accidentally dismantled it) but now are all enemies on a level playing field too?

There is a lot to do, a load of new map, mars, mercury, some other places, not been on the moon yet, unsure what to do, I find bounties confusing sometimes.

I expected a large download when I bought Shadowkeep, but realised it had initially downloaded with the base game. I find that a bit cheeky especially for those who don't have a fast internet connections, only a few weeks ago that would have proper peed me off.

Last edited:
Soldato
I hate to say it, but after all that faffing around with my router settings to get the game to work properly, I do t actually think this game is very good.

It's similar-ish to a game called Warframe, which I think is a lot better and also free to play.

Associate
So I was doing I think the Reckoning? I think it was called, in the Gambit.
There was a device to wager something, that it seems my teammates had a lot of, but I had only one.
weak wager or something I think it was called, where do I get more and what do they do...

So much to do in this game it's kinda insane, but I'm enjoying the Gambit a lot :)

Associate
I think I like the game but there's a lot to process (I haven't played this sort of game before) just figuring out how to start on a quest took me a while. Kept trying to go somewhere rather than exit to the menus, get to the right map and press launch. maybe just me

Associate
So I was doing I think the Reckoning? I think it was called, in the Gambit.
There was a device to wager something, that it seems my teammates had a lot of, but I had only one.
weak wager or something I think it was called, where do I get more and what do they do...

So much to do in this game it's kinda insane, but I'm enjoying the Gambit a lot :)

In your quest tab you should have something called a mote synthesizer, go to that and you can make new ones. After a while you will get bounties off drifter to upgrade the mote synthesizer from weak to middling and so on.

Not done this myself yet as I took a break during the gambit DLC.

I like Gambit too and the hand cannon (Spare Rations) is supposed to be really good if you get one to drop.

Associate
In your quest tab you should have something called a mote synthesizer, go to that and you can make new ones. After a while you will get bounties off drifter to upgrade the mote synthesizer from weak to middling and so on.

Not done this myself yet as I took a break during the gambit DLC.

I like Gambit too and the hand cannon (Spare Rations) is supposed to be really good if you get one to drop.

Ah indeed their is. Thanks.
Just need to unlock tangled shore to upgrade the synth.

Associate
Came back with the move to steam to see how things have changed but appear to have bugged out my quests. I just finished warmind - pilgrimage but for some reason the next one which is off-world recovering (on Earth) is not popping up for me. The in game triumphs thing is even showing I completed pilgrimage.

I cannot find anywhere to be able to raise a support ticket either now or am I being blind?

Back
Top Bottom