• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
I can also confirm this. This is a major issue that might explain why I am having issues.
@Panos did you watch that video yet in that reddit post?
Here is my post about the problems I'm having with the Nitro
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/33059476

I don't use it myself as I want raw performance. Do you actually see tearing? If so freesync should be all you need. And turn on Image Sharpening (no performance hit). I notice it in game right away.

I went to the settings and had a look at it.
The "low" speed recorded is from the middle point of the curve. When you leave the button the correct speed is displayed.
Personally I wouldn't touch the curve speed axis but the power axis.

Your problem with the BF5 only, looks CPU bottleneck I am afraid.

ESO is like that for me. The game is a CPU bottleneck nothing to be done about it.
Make sure enhance sync is OFF, and also ichill is not active.

Associate
how thick is that rad? Your case is as big as a house.
Makes my Corsair air 640 look as big as a bedsit

front rad is a Black ice nemisis GTS 360. 30mm thick but pump is attached to it. Case isn't really any bigger than my previous one.

p5pb17706988.jpg

Permabanned
My monitor keeps going blank with the 5700 XT and no amount of alt-tab or ctrl alt del brings it back. I have a Freesync monitor, which worked great with the RX 570. Is this the black screen bug and does anyone know what the cause is and is there a fix? I'm running drivers 19.9.3.

Soldato
What’s ocing the ae like compared to standard, good numbers or meh?

This card has to last as long as my 290. I brought a few weeks after launch so 6 years minimum

you probably won’t get six years out of this gen, the 7970/290 generation was an exception.

next year’s cards purchased at this time next year should last six years.

My AE is under an EK block, i run it at [email protected]. Bench is 1.25v at 2300.

Best of both worlds? the liquid red devil will be out before Christmas.

Associate
My monitor keeps going blank with the 5700 XT and no amount of alt-tab or ctrl alt del brings it back. I have a Freesync monitor, which worked great with the RX 570. Is this the black screen bug and does anyone know what the cause is and is there a fix? I'm running drivers 19.9.3.

I had some black screens, not very often. Since 19.9.2 which I'm still on, just the one. Are you using DP or HDMI? If it's DP is it vesa certified?

Associate
I got mine as well yesterday and I have to say so far I'm very pleased with it :)

I'm running it with the "Auto Undervolt" option enabled in Wattman and it's running cool and quiet, with a small gain in performance as well.

"PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Dragon"
Did a few Benchmarks, Can confirm @Chewie Better Performance & Running Cooler/less watts.

Unigine 2 Superposition Benchmark "Performance" Mode @ Stock, no OC
uCPElkc.png

Global WattMan - Auto Undervolt GPU
40gPMoL.png

Tried Auto Overclock GPU but Black screen
-------------------------------------------------------------------
3DMark Basic edition "Time Spy"
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/3dmark-download.html
or from Steam

https://www.userbenchmark.com/
Download the UserBenchMark.EXE
Global WattMan - Auto Undervolt GPU, Got better performance than stock

ujeslOh.jpg.png
sI4Q8OR.jpg.png

Unigine_Heaven-4.0 is Old & out dated & don't show the correct performance

for the 5700XT

Last edited:
Associate
front rad is a Black ice nemisis GTS 360. 30mm thick but pump is attached to it. Case isn't really any bigger than my previous one.

p5pb17706988.jpg
That case looks big in the store page, but with everything in it don’t look that big, bigger then mine anyway. I thought about mounting the card like how you have it sitting there, it would be pushing agenst the fins on my front rad.
It’s a shame because I want to watercool it and it’s the cooler that makes the card 300mm long, I would like to run the card on air until I’m happy that I won’t have to rma it. I need to find out what PowerColor are like with warranty and watercooling, does your have any warranty stickers?

Associate
you probably won’t get six years out of this gen, the 7970/290 generation was an exception.

next year’s cards purchased at this time next year should last six years.

My AE is under an EK block, i run it at [email protected]. Bench is 1.25v at 2300.

Best of both worlds? the liquid red devil will be out before Christmas.
I can’t wait until Christmas lol I want to upgrade to Ryzen next month, I said on another thread you have to hide pc bits in stages so the Mrs don’t find out. I had a 7950 twin frozr that didt last me long but I did get it 2010/11 and found it could run farcry 3 on high.

Don’t know what to do, nitro and Devil coolers are too big to fit in my case and they are near enough the same price as an AE which will fit my case. The aib cards will fit with a waterblock. Think I need to msg ocuk and see what they say about warranty.

Associate
That case looks big in the store page, but with everything in it don’t look that big, bigger then mine anyway. I thought about mounting the card like how you have it sitting there, it would be pushing agenst the fins on my front rad.
It’s a shame because I want to watercool it and it’s the cooler that makes the card 300mm long, I would like to run the card on air until I’m happy that I won’t have to rma it. I need to find out what PowerColor are like with warranty and watercooling, does your have any warranty stickers?

it doesn't sit up against the glass normally - I have it like that for overclocking with the glass off. sits normally for day to day use. I have a riser system that lets me put it further back if I want though. I'll be water cooling mine eventually. PC are bringing a WC version out so can't see it being an issue water cool it.

Soldato
Got myself a 5700XT Red Dragon and quite happy with it.
As with the lads above I just put auto-undervolt on and its given a small boost.

Just wondering if its worth manually under volting further or doing any over clocking at all?

Soldato
Got myself a 5700XT Red Dragon and quite happy with it.
As with the lads above I just put auto-undervolt on and its given a small boost.

Just wondering if its worth manually under volting further or doing any over clocking at all?

If you see that the card is stable with the AutoUndervolt. Go to manual. Set the same settings and reduce the power even more. When you find the sweetspot raise VRAM to 890-900 Mhz.
Don't touch power limit slider. Is counter productive.

Associate
Well at the end I personally went for a manual undervolt for three reasons:

- Reduce voltage a step further and so reduce load temperature as well
- Get the 'Zero rpm' functionality working again (when you use 'AutoUndervolt' it disables itself)
- Tweak the fan curve to my liking and so make the card even quieter

Associate
I am using DP on this monitor https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sams...-dot-widescreen-curved-monitor-mo-237-sa.html I have no clue if it is certified or not.

Sorry I meant is the DP cable vesa certified. Not all DP cables are equal - https://www.displayport.org/cables/how-to-choose-a-displayport-cable-and-not-get-a-bad-one/

But given the teething issues with navi it could be a few things. Did you use DDU to clean your drivers when you first installed the new card?

Associate
Tomorrow my 5700 XT Nitro is arriving and I'm excited to pair it with my new monitor for some 1440p goodness. My first AMD card and it will be replacing my trusty 6 year old 780 Classified.

Is anyone here running a 5700 XT with a 4770K? Mine is clocked at 4.5, how much of a bottleneck should I expect at 1440p?

Associate
Well at the end I personally went for a manual undervolt for three reasons:

- Reduce voltage a step further and so reduce load temperature as well
- Get the 'Zero rpm' functionality working again (when you use 'AutoUndervolt' it disables itself)
- Tweak the fan curve to my liking and so make the card even quieter

Ya, I noticed the Zero RPM is disabled when use Auto ,
May do a manual UnderVolt, Manual OC this card really not worth it.

I do like the clean look of the card & only being 235mm long, fit into a lot of ITX builds :)

Associate
@docsonic @Kevin Matthews @EastCoastHandle

Cannot remember which one of you reported issues with BFV so quoted you all 3, I am sorry.

However try to move the middle point to form a straight diagonal line with the maximum speed, instead of having a curve and let me know how it goes :)

MbYyk83.png

Will give it ago, how do you test for stability? Game or benchmark?

Soldato
Will give it ago, how do you test for stability? Game or benchmark?

Benchmark first & surprisingly WOT. Is my go to game for testing stability of GPUs. If there is a single issue just a run on Firestrike didn't found, WOT will always do.
If WOT doesn't have issues with Graphic & CPU overclock is fine. As weird as it sounds. Had overclocks looking fine on prime, etc and when WOT run system crashed.
So if the system manages 2 full games in WOT is perfectly stable.

Also by raising the middle point, found ESO a CPU bound game, giving me better performance today on many scenes especially at Elswyer expansion zone which was suffering.
True the game doesn't boost the GPU properly, because is CPU core bound. On Vega 64 has to create a custom profile for that game to use P7 state as a minimum state. And now found with the 5700XT if I have a linear line not a curve maintains better fps on CPU heavy areas.

Doubt even @LtMatt can explain this different behaviour, that by replacing the curve with straight line, get more stable perf on CPU bound games.

Back
Top Bottom