Games you're playing, and games...

Caporegime
Splinter Cell on PS3.

Man this is tough after playing the new Hitman games. Agent 47 can grab people from behind from a decent distance but Sam Fisher has to be breathing down their neck to do it. Well annoying.

Associate
Just finished persona 5 on ps4, took ages. I enjoyed 4 a lot more but i was playing that on the vita on the bus everyday and I was so into it.

Now playing Octopath Traveler on the Switch, i love the gameplay, story is so so.

Next is Final Fantasy xii for the switch.

Next in the list would be WOW Legion content and Battle of Azeroth if i ever build my Ryzen pc that is.

So many games in the backlog and so many goodies coming up i wish i was a student!

Caporegime
Dishonoured 2 on ps4.
Quite enjoyable so far.

Quite? Hopefully it'll improve for you. I found it one of my favourite games of all time. Initially, I dismissed Dishonored as it looked a load of tosh but it clicked on second attempt and now I love the three games in the series.

Associate
About 10 hours into Days gone, really enjoying it. Looks great in HDR on the pro. Love the atmosphere, story isn’t bad, loving the handling of the bike. No gripes so far. Those reviews man. Way off for me. It’s great.

Soldato
I started playing the last of us remastered on ps4. It was the free game for this month.

I was planning to restart the game again (which I did) as I remember playing it years ago. But I was a little surprised that the save file I'd done in 2014 on the ps3 was there ready to play.

Associate
Assassins Creed 2 on the Ezio collection.

Never played any games in the series until I completed the very first game last month. I do own every AC game so going to work my way through them.

This is a massive jump in quality over the 1st game. More interesting, prettier vistas, storylines are much improved and Ezio can actually swim unlike Altair.

Soldato
Im playing Halo Guardians campaign.

Not really impressed. There isnt a lot of depth its just kill the enemies till checkpoint (or next bit of story cinematic), then rinse and repeat. Ive just finished level 8 and whilst the last couple of levels have been nice environments the gameplay is a bit boring. Maybe the problem is im not invested in the characters or story. I havent played Halo properly since Halo 2 and it definitely feels there is a back story Im supposed to be aware of.

I will see it through but I wanted it to be better.

Next game is going to be gears 5. Again I never bothered much with 4 or any others after gears and gears 2. I hear gears 5 is a great game though.

Soldato
I recommend playing Gears 4 as well as it's the start of this new trilogy but there's always a catchup video in Gears 5 if you don't want to.

Ah right I see. Thanks for the heads up.

I tried gears 4 but just felt a bit cartoony compared to the originals. Cant really put my finger on it but it didnt draw me in. I still have it installed though, so might give it another try before I start 5.

Man of Honour

Not really impressed. There isnt a lot of depth its just kill the enemies till checkpoint (or next bit of story cinematic), then rinse and repeat. Ive just finished level 8 and whilst the last couple of levels have been nice environments the gameplay is a bit boring. Maybe the problem is im not invested in the characters or story. I havent played Halo properly since Halo 2 and it definitely feels there is a back story Im supposed to be aware of.

Next game is going to be gears 5. Again I never bothered much with 4 or any others after gears and gears 2. I hear gears 5 is a great game though.

Are you playing on legendary? The campaign is really designed around that.

I just completed Gato Roboto and I really enjoyed those 3.5 hours for the price of a coffee.

Associate
I've just picked up a mint Vita Oled, haven't played console since PS3 days 7 years ago or so. So this is quite cool.

Getting stuck into FF7 again and all my old PS1 classics, also looking at getting some Vita Games going to... why I never got a handheld sooner I have no idea.

Soldato
Finished A Plague Tale Innocence recently - really really good game, on par (IMO) with TLOU; a right belter and certainly one I will replay numerous times; like TLOU :D

Tried getting into Wolfenstein 2 again last night, but I'm just not feeling it much - so can see that getting uninstalled soon! But with the new release of Ghost Recon Breakpoint (which I won't be buying), I decided to reinstall Wildlands again - think I uninstalled it a couple of months back, after seeing how full of micro-transactions it now has; finding that some of the guns I had unlocked during the first few months of release, were now behind a pay wall :(

Soldato
Yooka laylee - a game so well optimized I calculated it could run at 120fps at 8k resolution on a pc. It's 60fps even in the switch

Associate

It's not great but key to the whole Halo anthology.

I played this then jumped to Reach as I'd missed this on 360.....blown away! Easily the best Halo game ever. Nearly had a stroke when I found out it's being remastered.

Back
Top Bottom