Borderlands 3

Soldato
Who advised you to spend it all there?

I've seen vids of people throwing tens of thousands eridium in there and getting no legendaries.

This thread! Someone said they got like 7 legendaries from moxxi's slot machines. Since I'm getting zero legendaries anywhere int eh game I thought it was worth a shot. That and the crashes are getting very annoying and marring what is generally very good gameplay. The bosses I have done so far have been very goot too, some great boss fights, Traunt and Killavolt were pretty awesome, challenging and satisfying.

Soldato
I'd say for every 10/12 spins or so I get a legendary from Moxxi's but I don't just sit there pumping Eridium in, I do maybe 5/6 spins at a time when visiting Sanctuary.

Associate
I'd say for every 10/12 spins or so I get a legendary from Moxxi's but I don't just sit there pumping Eridium in, I do maybe 5/6 spins at a time when visiting Sanctuary.

It must have been around 20 spins the time I came away with 4 legendaries. I did the same yesterday and came away with no legendaries, so it was sheer luck coming away with several legendaries that first time!

I check the Veteran Rewards vending machine (by Crazy Earl) before I go to Moxxi's on any return to Sanctuary, just incase there's anything decent available. I've only bought one anointed shotgun from there though, and that was when my characters level was in the mid to high teens.

Permabanned
It used to be the case that there'd be occasional legendaries available to buy in the vendies. Either it's exceptionally rare here or it's just not a thing. A shame really, I like the idea of Eridium as a rare currency but they give you no reason to spend it once you reach the level cap. They should have an 'event' day each week where the chances of seeing legendary anointed items in Earl's vendy goes up exponentially or something.

Permabanned
TBF to Dean, the writing is particularly abysmal in this one. 2 got away with a lot because Daemon Clarke is a great voice actor and Jesper Kyd (and others) is a phenomenal composer. They both carried the game through multiple playthroughs, not too mention the fact that the writing was just that little bit sharper.

There's not a single thing I enjoyed about 3's story which is a real shame considering 2 and TFTBs seemed to promise a lot in that regard.

Soldato
I don't feel as invested in the story line in 3 largely due to the weak big baddie duo, they just come over annoying and not in the slightest menacing.

Yes, in particular the girl's voice is so annoying and silly, I can't take her seriously with her fake jokey voice. Compared with Handsome Jack, well, there is just no comparison.

Man of Honour
I don't feel as invested in the story line in 3 largely due to the weak big baddie duo, they just come over annoying and not in the slightest menacing.

Mind you, the flip side of that is that she is annoying as hell but thats a good thing, because it makes me want to kill her. Handsome Jack was utterly awesome but the problem with that was that I didnt want him to lose because I liked him so much :D

Caporegime
LOL, I was thinking the same thing when getting near end game. I can't recall any other game that has a baddie that I want to KILL SO MUCH. So the voice actor and writers have done a great job with Tyreen.

Soldato
30 hours later, I finally found my first Orange, farming Traunt, but it's a skin! Skins shouldn't be orange! **** you Randy! That joy of seeing Orange from BL2 RUINED 'cos it's a flippin' skin that I will never even use. Absolute BS! They have watered down the whole legendary thing.

Caporegime
Looks like I've been lucky playing during the first week when legendaries were dropping like flies. I've got about 30 of them in one playthrough with absolutely no farming and using about 10 golden keys.

Man of Honour
Will say one thing that not many people talk about, the music in this is brilliant. Glad I took CohhCarnages advice of turning the SFX down so that I can hear the music over the gunfire.

Back
Top Bottom