** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
I'm quite underwhelmed with my unit. On the positive side, I haven't noticed any glow or bleed, panel seems pretty uniform.

Coming from a TN panel which I was led to believe has "washed out" colours, this monitor looks comparable in sRGB mode and way oversaturated in Gamer1 mode, which I know is due to the wide gamut but it's quite jarring.

In terms of the refresh rate, this is my first high refresh rate monitor and given how people rave about them online I was expecting to be blown away. As it is, during gaming if I REALLY look for it I can notice a difference, if I'm looking at scenery while moving the camera for example, but during normal gameplay it's not noticeable to me. I was expecting a life changing experience but what I got was "eh, I guess it's a bit smoother if I look for it?"

I agree that the jump to 144hz isn't as "life changing" as some make out - it is quite obviously smoother, but I don't think it's going to make anyone a better gamer.

On the other hand I don't think I could even look at a TN panel these days. It's IPS or nothing for me. I tried VA and found it hideous in comparison to the glossy IPS panels I was used to - i'd rather have a glossy gaming monitor too but unfortunately they don't exist, I prefer the pop and clarity provided by a gloss covering to matt and I don't reflections an issue at all. Even with reflections its' much better to play with than the dirty thick grainy matt filter Samsung put over the top of the VA panel I bought - I could barely see details in the distance on the game and I felt like I need to peel something off it or clean it all the time. Horrible.

Associate
Well I retrieved mine from the neighbour and it seems I won the panel lottery; no shipping damage, no dead pixels, IPS glow doesn't seem out of the ordinary and can be mostly eliminated if I scoot over so my viewing angle is a little left of centre(I did drop the brightness to 20). I can't speak to all the "videophile" stuff as I don't have access to calibration equipment, so my judgement can only be purely subjective, but that said; dayum. Well worth the wait IMO. Even ancient SD-quality content looks more impressive - and that's not a "new thing is new and expensive so your brain thinks its better" thing, I still have my old BenQ 24" 1080p monitor on the desk and ran the same video side by side, it really is night & day.

Unfortunately I can't test gaming performance atm since my Kraken cooler was making clutch-grind noises the other day, and I'm not going to stress the CPU until it's been long enough to be reasonably sure that was just a bit of cavitation, and until I have a backup air cooler on hand.

Associate
I've pre-ordered this today, hopefully I'll get it by 2020 :D
how can you find out what number are you in the queue?

Associate
My monitor is also damaged. There's a big scratch on the top right corner of the screen and a big vertical lane right in the center. It's very noticeable when the monitor is turned off or in dark scenes.

Here are some pics, it's kinda hard to capture the vertical lane but it goes all the way up from the LG logo:
x57i18l.jpg
321yAHn.jpg
6dNXwH2.jpg
QkBGTJ6.jpg
HiYp3w1.jpg

I'm really sad. It seems like LG's QC is non existent. Those of you who didn't get the monitor are lucky for not having to deal with this ****.
x57i18l

321yAHn

6dNXwH2

QkBGTJ6

HiYp3w1

Last edited:
Soldato
To be fair that's probably 4 out of 100.

Donno the last time I saw a outbreak of damage on this caliper with any displays :p

Think LG have a really big issue to deal with. Worse so when they wait 4 months to send it back to wait another 2 months to get a new one. Just unacceptable really.

Associate
Donno the last time I saw a outbreak of damage on this caliper with any displays :p

Think LG have a really big issue to deal with. Worse so when they wait 4 months to send it back to wait another 2 months to get a new one. Just unacceptable really.

There's probably something that needs to be changed here as they're getting damaged in transit it appears (perhaps Overclockers should be double boxing them though like Amazon do??) but at least these are not manufacturing defects. It's certainly not made me want to cancel my pre-order.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
To be fair that's probably 4 out of 100.

Its 4 which we know about, how many more don't post on here.

It would be fine if there was replacement stock but as a example, if someone ordered this screen in July and then recieved it damaged in October where the supplier can't replace that and that person has to wait till Nov/Dec/Jan... That's not a great customer experance to be honest.

It would be nice if we could get a update from OCUK but it seems they don't care.

Associate
It would be fine if there was replacement stock but as a example, if someone ordered this screen in July and then recieved it damaged in October where the supplier can't replace that and that person has to wait till Nov/Dec/Jan... That's not a great customer experance to be honest.

Very true - on the other hand ordering middle of August and not getting it until Nov/Dec/Jan isn't great customer experience either. Usually you'd keep a handful of stock back for replacements, but I guess they haven't done this - although no one has said what's happening with their damaged purchases yet.

Associate
The other one I know about would have to wait for OCUK to receive stock for a replacement, I've only just raised it as a webnote so I can post my progress on here.

Yeah this isn't good - if OC aren't going to hold stock for replacements, then LG themselves should at least be holding backup stock so they can swap them out within a week.

Man of Honour
Its 4 which we know about, how many more don't post on here.

It would be nice if we could get a update from OCUK but it seems they don't care.

I’m sure they care, but this forum isn’t a place where you should expect to get customer support most of the time. You could post in the customer service section or alternatively contact the shop direct. Shop people are not often on the forums

Associate
Hi guys.

I was in the original batch of LG orders (I asked ocuk to hold my order in some store for some time) and mine came with 4 scratches in different areas.

Ocuk WILL NOT move you to the front of the queue for the next batch.
1) they stated it's not ethical
2) requires software work or something as replacements auto get put to the back of the queue

I was offered a full refund or to wait till end of November/beginning of December for a replacement.

Returns also offered a £30 discount if I kept the monitor

Your best bet is to contact LG to get a repair done. They will repair it and will take 14 days max.

I'm running into problems getting my repair done due to me asking ocuk to hold my order leading to my invoice date saying August and me trying to get the repair done in sept.

Good luck guys.

Back
Top Bottom