Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hey guys, anyone have any tips on cleaning wheels? I use a pressure washer, wheel cleaner (non acidic) and cleaning brush but just cant seem to get all the dirt off, I have white wheels also so it really shows!

Associate
Hey guys, anyone have any tips on cleaning wheels? I use a pressure washer, wheel cleaner (non acidic) and cleaning brush but just cant seem to get all the dirt off, I have white wheels also so it really shows!
Claying should remove all stubborn dirty. It's time consuming, but after spotless, just seal using a long lasting sealant or wax. Here I'm using colinite for paintwork and wheels.

Soldato
Does todays metrosexuals use rubber gloves when they wash their cars .... not talking about applying (autoglym hrp) polish, for which I do,
but just applying soap and washing, both neighbours, early 30's using them ..
I would think you loose ability/sensitivity to see if there was some grit present, could get stuck on the glove too.

Associate
Does todays metrosexuals use rubber gloves when they wash their cars .... not talking about applying (autoglym hrp) polish, for which I do,
I would think you loose ability/sensitivity to see if there was some grit present, could get stuck on the glove too.
Quite funny. I only use when applying wax/sealant as they'll dry the **** out of my hands.

Sgarrista
Commissario
The local detailing supplies shop is closing up with 30-50% off everything, im heading down tomorrow, does anyone want me to look for anything in particular? I will obviously try to snag industrial amounts of the usual stuff.

Soldato
Rate my basket time...

Noticed it's 25% off AutoGlym on their website and thinking about taking the plunge into cleaning my own car rather than the usual £10 mini valet from the local car wash. Keen to hear your thoughts. Will use the Polar range with the pressure washer. Only thing I thought I may be missing is Wax that (I think) gets applied after the polish?

CG5M0Er.png
282b80dc-9c8d-413d-a176-1fbea792253f

Caporegime
Anyone reccomend a good wax?

Something easy and quick preferably.

Currently using polar seal, and while it's bloody good, I'd like to get something that lasts a bit longer on there. The polar seal seems to last about a month, and noticebly less after a week.

Associate
Anyone reccomend a good wax?

Something easy and quick preferably.

Currently using polar seal, and while it's bloody good, I'd like to get something that lasts a bit longer on there. The polar seal seems to last about a month, and noticebly less after a week.

Soft 99 fusso coat or FK1000p

Soldato

Sometimes when washing, when I remember to (usually it's after I start washing)! Absorbing chemicals into the skin, common sense tells me it can't be good long term. I definitely do these days when using harsher chemicals like wheel cleaner.

I'm not starting to use a power wash which should help avoid chemical to skin contact

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I am after a decent fallout remover....my new work car park is about 3m away from a goods railway line

only time i use gloves..I have disposables for putting on my gtechniq liquid crystal...it says on the instructions to wear gloves...so I do

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I am after a decent fallout remover....my new work car park is about 3m away from a goods railway line

only time i use gloves..I have disposables for putting on my gtechniq liquid crystal...it says on the instructions to wear gloves...so I do

CarPro IronX or CarPro Trix if you wants added tar removing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom