Cameron autobiography - "For the record"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Imagine if we had 60 MPs and paid them £500k each and paid the PM £2m or something, we might actually get some talented MPs in Politics

That’s actually a very good argument. Why would the truly brilliant among us, slum it on £175k a year when they can easily pick up a few million in some City of London financial giant?

That does not always work as we only need to look at the top bankers in recent years who have been found to be wanting.

Soldato
That does not always work as we only need to look at the top bankers in recent years who have been found to be wanting.

So you don't believe offering more money attracts better candidates because bankers? Man City must just be lucky with them paying top wages and having one of the best teams.

Soldato
Just finished it. Since I'm not politically fanatical or 'hate' him because my grandfathers hated the Tories since 987 BC, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially the behind-the-scenes comments and happenstances.

Caporegime
Cameron's autobiography, summarised:

Boris-Cameron-Titanic-Sinking.png

Just finished it. Since I'm not politically fanatical or 'hate' him because my grandfathers hated the Tories since 987 BC, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially the behind-the-scenes comments and happenstances.
Agreed. I finished it earlier this week,one was the aubible copy so it was read by David Cameron himself which was nice. Got to admit I enjoyed every moment of it.

Really interesting how one seemingly insignificant event in another country can lead to more support for leaving brexit.

I sure do miss the stable days of the coalition

Soldato
Imagine if we had 60 MPs and paid them £500k each and paid the PM £2m or something, we might actually get some talented MPs in Politics

How about we have a 100 MPs paid £75K each and publicly execute any caught with fingers in the till or putting party before country?

The Roman practice of decimation worked wonders for motivating poorly performing cohorts, so it should work for Westminster.

Man of Honour
I'm not sure that's correct. Bankers were paid big bonuses to make big profits for their companies. That's exactly what they did, but at the detrement of their clients and the rest of society becaue that was lower down on their list of priorities. The measure for reward was wrong. If they had been paid huge bonuses to look after their clients and society as a priority over profits then I suspect the outcome would have been very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom