• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia still speed binning Turing cards?

Soldato
Anyone know please as am considering a 2080S or 2080Ti this black Friday and don't want a lesser core as enjoy overclocking my GPUs.

Especially at the price of the Ti.

It used to be if the card is sold as factory overclocked you've got an A-die as Nvidia forbode factory OC on the poorer binned cores.

However articles from earlier in the year say yields improved and binning stopped?

If that's the case I'll consconsider basic blower cards and put a block on them.

Cheers

Last edited:
Permabanned
I expect zero 2080ti deals next friday tbh... But i might wait and see currently they are £899 for the crippled blower or £1100 for the AMP etc. I think £899 is actually the right price but not for a blower and i doubt well see anything.

Soldato
Anyone know please as am considering a 2080S or 2080Ti this black Friday and don't want a lesser core as enjoy overclocking my GPUs.

It used to be if the card is sold as factory overclocked you've got an A-die as Nvidia forbode factory OC on the poorer binned cores.

However articles from earlier in the year say yields improved and binning stopped?

If that's the case I'll consoder basic blower cards and put a block on them.

Cheers

Thats pretty much it, they stopped speed binning once yields improved enough.

Soldato

If that's the case I'll consoder basic blower cards and put a block on them.

Cheers

Lets put it this way. You plan to buy for £900 a 1 year old card in November, when barely 5 months later there is a faster newer one, in better process?
I do not remember anyone buying GTX1080Ti last year at £800, nor even contemplate to buy one after April 2018. Everyone was on wait new cards.

Same case here. You could have spent the money to buy the card last year even at £1000 pricetag could have made more sense than buying it £900 a year later.
These cards will devalue fast if Nvidia adverts for Ampere are true.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Lets put it this way. You plan to buy for £900 a 1 year old card in November, when barely 5 months later there is a faster newer one, in better process?
I do not remember anyone buying GTX1080Ti last year at £800, nor even contemplate to buy one after April 2018. Everyone was on wait new cards.

Same case here. You could have spent the money to buy the card last year even at £1000 pricetag could have made more sense than buying it £900 a year later.
These cards will devalue fast if Nvidia adverts for Ampere are true.
Yeah, no chance I am buying an old Turing with first gen tester RT tech on it. 7nm Ampere is where it’s at. Depending on pricing and performance I will be getting either a 3070 or 3080Ti.

Associate
I was forced into an RTX purchase because the old GPU died on me, however doing the research the concensus appears to be that there is little point in considering the 2080 over the 2070 with £200 extra (almost 50% of the cost of a 2070 again) for a scant 10% performance improvement. With the 2070 now at or above the point where the 1080Ti was, unless you are trying to 4K or very fast refreshing monitors there's not much point spending the extra cash.

The RTX2070S can be overclocked both the GPU and the memory - although there seems little gain from memory overclock.

Soldato
OP
Monitor in Sig is 3440*1440 120hz

My eyes notice FPS under 60 g sync or not. I prefer 75+FPS tbh.

There's an argument for a black Friday 2070s as a stopgap card, as said above 2080s is nearly 50% more without commensurate increase in power. It is the card the heart wants however, as don't want to make same error with my 1080 i.e. should have gone Ti for a bit more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom