Greta Thunberg

Man of Honour
I'm still waiting for your evidence of the 3% of world Scientists you talked about.

And while we are at it. Do you believe the IPCC which is a political organization, not a scientific body.
Or the NIPCC who have\are scientific body composed of scholars from more than two dozen countries.

Waiting ;)

I haven't talked about anything !!!
I linked to two music videos and Greta's story, otherwise I'm just laughing at grown men getting uptight over a 16 year old autistic girl.
All those words you have wrote I'm like - wut?

Soldato
I think it's time to stop the rhetoric about grown men getting uptight about what a 16 year old girl says, otherwise the thread might as well be locked if discussing anything she says is off limits. It's getting like the McCann thread now and going in complete circles. Did anyone mention cadaver dogs yet?

Soldato
This is the problem with grown adults using a child to push a cause. As soon as people start disagreeing with the child, said adults start hiding behind the child shouting "why are they attacking the child, they must be evil".

Nail on head. And this is the main reason for the backlash and they don't even realize it. :rolleyes:

Caporegime
Nail on head. And this is the main reason for the backlash and they don't even realize it. :rolleyes:

Yes ok lol you've cracked it, realistically however it's not so much that she's a child, it's that she's a she and that she is coincidentally young, perhaps if the usual right-wing **** rags not ad hominem'd this entire "discussion" so hard, there would be a non-sad argument to have about listening to her, oopsy.

This thread is 1000 posts long, this attests to this not just being "they're using a child", she has free will, she can do as she pleases, so this argument is irrelevant. This whole thread is a joke.

/onethousanddabs

Soldato
Oxford English dictionary definition of 'incel'

Noun
incel (countable and uncountable, plural incels)

1. (neologism) "Involuntary celibate" (person)
    1. (broadly) See OCUK thread on Greta Thunberg and see who is threatened by and attacks her. Thesaurus:incel
      Antonym: volcel
      Hyponym: AFChick

Why are you posting about incels?

Yes ok lol you've cracked it, realistically however it's not so much that she's a child, it's that she's a she and that she is coincidentally young, perhaps if the usual right-wing **** rags not ad hominem'd this entire "discussion" so hard, there would be a non-sad argument to have about listening to her, oopsy.

No it isn't about that shes a she, if you actually listen. It's because shes a child.

Last edited:
Soldato

This thread is 1000 posts long, this attests to this not just being "they're using a child", she has free will, she can do as she pleases, so this argument is irrelevant. This whole thread is a joke.

/onethousanddabs

Wrong again, this is the kind of person the disciples of Thumbug should be hailing, not a mentally ill child:

Boyan Slat
img.jpg

https://theoceancleanup.com/

This guy starting inventing this device when he was 16 and now is actually helping clean up the planet and effecting more change then all the climate activists and Greta nutcases put together. And he's hardly known. I highly respect him and would be willing to hear him out because he's not a hypocrite chasing fame. Or is he not cool enough for the trendy left because he's a white male?

Last edited:
Caporegime
You're the one moaning about it, so maybe you should try to push this person to the forefront... and no one said anything about ignoring someone, he was in the news quite a lot on dozens of sites when it was being talked about, that's just the nature of media.

I'd question why you didn't immediately talk about him at the beginning, but that's a fool's errand, i can't prove it, but I suspect if i were to go to one of your usual sources, i'd find a recent post invoking it, that would be rather cynical wouldn't it... (E: Oh just did a cheeky search, you've never talked about him til now, delicious)

Regardless it doesn't make what someone else is saying any less valid nor why someone merely reiterating, in a increasingly justified tone, what the consensus already is, at the end of the day she's doing what she feel's is required to keep the issue firmly in peoples minds, it's working, end of.

The reality is that the only way this is possible is to "annoy" people and politicise it, since no one gave a single **** (apparently) about someone quietly trying to resolve an issue (as no one cares about what thousands of scientists are doing anyway...), this isn't Greta's fault, this is societies narcissism falling over itself and even if she is just a convenient vessel to annoy people with, it clearly works... so you've proved the point in any case, and no... it's not just "one side" of the media, it's all of it.

Realistically one would realise that maybe that's a **** situation to find yourself in, i didn't really care about Greta (that isn't a failing on me, i already know what's at stake, and don't need telling by anyone, regardless of "features") at all until seemingly a large increasingly outraged section of society got rattled, the irony of it.

TL:dR - she works.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is a falsehood. There are not many scientists who disagree with the IPCC climate projects, there is a very small minority - at most 3%. There is a clear scientific consensus on the data and the models. Whilst neither can be complete, the trends and causal links are clear.

The narrative that there isn't a clear consensus across climate scientists is simply wrong.

Where is your evidence of the 3% of world Scientists you talked about.

And while we are at it. Do you believe the IPCC which is a political organization, not a scientific body.
Or the NIPCC who have\are scientific body composed of scholars from more than two dozen countries.

Man of Honour

I think they do realise it. The whole point of using a child as a political tool and shield is to use their age to shout down any criticism. Vote yes on Prop 10 or you hate children!

Not that Greta Thurnberg is a child. She's an adolescent. But in "the west" today it's fashionable to infantilise people, especially female people. Also, her being in between childhood and adulthood makes it easier to achieve the objective of giving her more power than almost all adults with less responsibility than most children.

Caporegime
Oxford English dictionary definition of 'incel'

Noun
incel (countable and uncountable, plural incels)

1. (neologism) "Involuntary celibate" (person)
    1. (broadly) See OCUK thread on Greta Thunberg and see who is threatened by and attacks her. Thesaurus:incel
      Antonym: volcel
      Hyponym: AFChick
Shock horror as a self-confessed hard-left poster resorts to personal insults, attempts to discredit opponents by insinuations of sexual frustration, etc.

It's why no-one except other lefties wants to be associated with you.

Generally you lot have got nothing more persuasive than calling everyone who disagrees is a Nazi or a gammon or an "incel". It's pathetic, and disgusting.

You should be ashamed of your own ineptitude at having an adult conversation, if nothing else.

Caporegime

/onethousanddabs
In reality, you aren't listening to "her". She's 16. She's got the equivalent of GCSEs and that's it. As far as I know she's not a child genius with a climate science degree under her belt.

She probably understands very little. That's what many of us find annoying. She's no authority. She lashes out and expects no less than world leaders to listen to her. Why? Why should they listen to her, specifically? Who is she? What does she know?

No doubt she's very fired up by something, and a decent marketing team is harnessing her anger combined with her (inexplicable) popularity, in order (it seems) to **** off as many people as possible :p

As I said previously, it would be a complete tragedy if the likes of this child end up taking credit for the serious work that real scientists and engineers are doing to try to solve our problems. Because she's doing naff all, apart from throwing tantrums on TV.

e: Oh lol, I've just re-read that (quoted) post and I can see @StriderX is trying to say we're annoyed with peak Greta because we're sexists and she's a girl.

I guess we'll add that to being Nazis, "incels", etc. What a world. Oh wait, this just in: disagreeing with Greta confirmed to be linked with racism, transphobia, paedophilia.. (by the left).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Shock horror as a self-confessed hard-left poster resorts to personal insults, attempts to discredit opponents by insinuations of sexual frustration, etc.

It's why no-one except other lefties wants to be associated with you.

Generally you lot have got nothing more persuasive than calling everyone who disagrees is a Nazi or a gammon or an "incel". It's pathetic, and disgusting.

You should be ashamed of your own ineptitude at having an adult conversation, if nothing else.

I have a good chuckle sometimes when comparing the image he thinks he is projecting and the image posts like that actually demonstrate.

Back
Top Bottom