• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE OFFICIAL AMD CHIPSET DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
I would like to know this as well as I changed mine last night and I havent noticed any issues other than lower idle temps. doesn't boost less or feel any less responsive. Very odd

Zen 2 uses an advanced sleep state when cores are not in use and become power gated off.

99% minimum allows the core to enter the sleep state when idling and therefore offer power savings but remain responsive when further required and awoken.

Associate
I left mine on 90%, therefore I allow it to lower the clock to lower itself under small load and go down to 0.9xxv instead of always keeping it above 1v.

Soldato
There must be a valid reason AMD have the minimum at 99%..?
Because if I remember correctly the hardware power management on the CPU takes over almost instantly at idle if min is set to 99%, if you change this to a lower value then Windows has more control around how power management and clock speeds behave and is applying a generic software profile which is less responsive and slower to ramp up clocks. However, doing this in hardware instead is faster in terms of going in and out of sleep states and ramping up clock speeds and hence more responsive.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
if you change this to a lower value then Windows has more control around how power management and clock speeds behave. This should be faster in terms of going in and out of sleep states and ramping up clock speeds and hence more responsive in hardware vs software.

Are you saying windows is better (which I would guess isnt), just the way you closed off there isnt clear, but I think your saying otherwise.

Soldato
Are you saying windows is better (which I would guess isnt), just the way you closed off there isnt clear, but I think your saying otherwise.
No, I'm saying it's better to let the hardware handle it not Windows. Sorry, shouldn't post late at night and I've edited my post.

Last edited:
Associate
Really confused with this power plan malarkey.
So, doing some reading it looks like the hardware downclocks faster than any software can monitor, so hwi etc will not show downclocking when ryzen plan is in play. But many state that the hardware downclock only happens if min state set to 99%. The new ryzen plan based on new drivers sets min at 90%.
I tried using ryzen master to monitor and it just doesn't downclock.
So anyone know what the crack is?

Associate
Really confused with this power plan malarkey.
So, doing some reading it looks like the hardware downclocks faster than any software can monitor, so hwi etc will not show downclocking when ryzen plan is in play. But many state that the hardware downclock only happens if min state set to 99%. The new ryzen plan based on new drivers sets min at 90%.
I tried using ryzen master to monitor and it just doesn't downclock.
So anyone know what the crack is?
Dunno if you still on Ryzen+ , but just before Ryzen 3000 was released , updated chipset drivers and they did made my 2600x (allcore oc) unstable and noticed more aggressive power delivery aswell, for ryzen 3000 it is just gets better with every bios and chipset upgrade (watching cores going into parking state is amazing), probably try doing some "safe" option and using windows balanced plan and play a bit in bios with digi vrm.

Back
Top Bottom