Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [4th - 7th October 2019]

Soldato
Some interesting results this weekend, Spurs being spursy was a highlight. City losing 2-0 to Wolves was a bit of a shock in all honesty, I thought they would roll them over.
Biggest highlight is Utd losing to Newcastle of all teams lol. Utd have hit rock bottom by the looks of it. Ole won’t survive this month let alone xmas :p.

Chelsea doing pretty well with fat frank in charge. Even after losing Hazard they seem to be playing pretty well.
Liverpool have got to win the PL at this rate, with City dropping points like it’s going out of fashion. That’s what?? 2 losses already??
Chelsea having the transfer ban has actually been a great benefit for him and the clubs youth it would appear so far.

They were much better when they faced us than I expected

Caporegime
The issue is, Ferguson was perilously close to being sacked in his first season when they weren't far off being relegated. In this day and age he wouldn't have gotten the chance to stay in the position. United know that the squad isn't up to it so I reckon Ole won't be sacked tis season unless things get dramatically worse.

Soldato
Where has the dynamic style of play that united played with when Solksjaar and Phelan first took on the job of returning United back into a team to fear. They are so pedestrian like akin to when Van Gaal was in charge.

Permabanned
Ole’s alright.

some rough justice being meted out at the moment. It won’t last.

All i see is a deer in the headlights every interview his eye have that weird look he is no Roy Keane that is what this team needs rough justice. Beastings, Droppings whatever it takes apart from selling but you know what i think he does? Plot about next summer and tell them oo boys we can do better!

Mr nice guy ole, Nice guys never win at anything they just get used and mugged off because everyone knows they are easy and unable to retaliate. So why would that motivate Sanchez? He also messed up this summer i mean i SAID THIS Rashford and Martial are my favourite options i wanted Ole to take risks and try a 3-5-2 letting Martial and Rashford play with freedom and a static 3-5 behind them i think the middle in the midfield 5 should be a #10 like Pogba who can surge forward fast to go between the two strikers. Or try 4-4-2 with a box shaped midfield four and play Rashford and Martial again as winger strikers and pin the fullbacks leave the CBs alone pin the fullbacks and let the midfield fours advanced two surge from deep to challange them look at it on paper it suits us and gives us 4v3 in all our midfiels games we would outnumber everyone in midfield and still have the samr static back four of Shaw Maguire Lindelof and Bikkaka.

What did Ole do? He has not tried anything he is a boring bread and butter type guy plus his deer like attributes mean the players know already hes gone, They knew like me from day 1 here we go another wasted season great motivation. His transfers were also suspect i agree with nearly everything this summer for once i approve of all our GREAT BUYS! But we needed more we needed goals this is why i think if you sell Lukaku you right a wrong and bring Ronaldo home and fix instantly all Uniteds problems for 4yrs. But they sold Lukaku and left it to three kids in Rashford Martial and Greenwood. As i said i love Rashford and Martial but they need help they need either a monster midfield and 3yrs togeather every game or you play them with Ronaldo who will get like 30 goals a year.

Permabanned
Some of the money United are dishing out to underperforming players is quite staggering :eek:

Next year we will have to pay more because we will not be top four. Sanchez was a killing blow he alone destroyed two seasons of work there is no lying about it Alexis Sanchez was a millionaire thief. They should somehow sue him and divide his wages between young upcomers like James, Haaland, Longstaff and still have change left....

Caporegime
There's some really good tweets doing the rounds, Rio Ferdinand teling BT to give Ole a contract and let him put any number he wants on it and the quote of Mourinho saying that finishing 2nd with United was one of his greatest achievements, he's looking vindicated right about now.

Permabanned
How low do you need to finnish to avoid European football, Hopefully that is where we finnish because the carabao and European football is a joke, Its a joke we even played that last team and then beat by Newcastle i say the same every year if you are United and you are out of the Champions League you send the youth team to Europe and the Carabao and the FA but under no circumstances ever do you use a member of the senior team there should be a core of 11+5 who only play league games until they are back in the top four. You play 38 games a year and even then unless its the World Cup i would be moaning at anyone playing anything but a league game.

Caporegime
Where has the dynamic style of play that united played with when Solksjaar and Phelan first took on the job of returning United back into a team to fear. They are so pedestrian like akin to when Van Gaal was in charge.

He doesn't have the players for it. The Chelsea game at beginning of season was when all our players were fit and did show promise. We have gone from having decent squad depth to having none at all.

Lukaku
Herrera
Fellani (People laugh but he offered us a plan b that won us games)

I am not sure it is a issue of players being fit either. It is almost as if they just can't be bothered and pull a sicky.

Soldato
Sanchez is doing well in in italy i heard.

His not a crap player by all means. He was class at arsenal yet al of a sudden he did not turn up for united. Not many do it seems?

Sanchez was just as bad in his last months at Arsenal as he was at United. I believed it was due to his head being turned and probably that was something to do with it, but I think with the amount of football he's played since a young age his body was showing the signs of all those minutes played.. I have no surprises that he is and will do well in Italy which is a much slower league with a lot less quality once you take the Old Lady out of the equation.

Soldato
Sanchez was just as bad in his last months at Arsenal as he was at United. I believed it was due to his head being turned and probably that was something to do with it, but I think with the amount of football he's played since a young age his body was showing the signs of all those minutes played.. I have no surprises that he is and will do well in Italy which is a much slower league with a lot less quality once you take the Old Lady out of the equation.
Well take away Liverpool and City and its the same dross here lol

Permabanned

I know this sounds crazy but you rang a bell there, Do you guys remember Falcao? He supposedly had a forged birth certificate? Anyways Falcao looked and played like he was 35/36 claiming he was 32. Sanchez gives me the exact same feeling i fully believe Falcao is older and to me Sanchez looks older than he is on paper. He also plays like it, And he is from another dodgy SA nation. Whos to say he is not actually 2yrs older it actually would make pefect sense if Alexis is 35.

Soldato
I know this sounds crazy but you rang a bell there, Do you guys remember Falcao? He supposedly had a forged birth certificate? Anyways Falcao looked and played like he was 35/36 claiming he was 32. Sanchez gives me the exact same feeling i fully believe Falcao is older and to me Sanchez looks older than he is on paper. He also plays like it, And he is from another dodgy SA nation. Whos to say he is not actually 2yrs older it actually would make pefect sense if Alexis is 35.

It wouldn't be the craziest thing that's ever happened!

Back
Top Bottom