EE - 5G - Guildford?

Soldato
Hi guys,

I live in Guildford and have a note 10+ 5g and noticed in bed last night that I was getting a 5G signal. Only a couple of bars so speeds were average.

Popped into town this morning and had full 5g, did a speedtest and hit 250mb down.

As far as I was aware Guildford isn't on the EE 5g rollout.

Could this be test cells or?

Soldato
Hi guys,

I live in Guildford and have a note 10+ 5g and noticed in bed last night that I was getting a 5G signal. Only a couple of bars so speeds were average.

Popped into town this morning and had full 5g, did a speedtest and hit 250mb down.

As far as I was aware Guildford isn't on the EE 5g rollout.

Could this be test cells or?

I guess that’s the only answer. Could be to do with the 5G centre on campus?

Soldato
Not 5g but I was in Woking earlier today and got 120 on download which is not too far off the peak I've seen for 5g in London. Was 4G+ though at the time.

Soldato
OP
I'm aware that the use of 5G at the moment is a little pointless. Although I did notice a much improved service at Proms in the Park the other week, stood in the middle of the crowd I was still getting 150mb with good ping times all evening.

The point of this post was to see if anyone could hypothesise as to why I'm able to connect to a 5G network in Guildford, when Guildford is not meant to have had 5G rolled out to it yet. Just trying to determine if I am actually connected to a 5G network, or that my phone is lying to me :)

Back
Top Bottom