• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 TI SUB £900 & INCLUDES COD: MODERN WARFARE !!!

Associate
For the first time I'm waiting on what AMD can bring to the table. I was really surprised with the 5700xt so I'm really excited to see what big navi can do. If AMD can price it right at roughly 2080 super price but offer the Ti performance or slightly more then that would be fantastic!!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
For the first time I'm waiting on what AMD can bring to the table. I was really surprised with the 5700xt so I'm really excited to see what big navi can do. If AMD can price it right at roughly 2080 super price but offer the Ti performance or slightly more then that would be fantastic!!

I always used to be that guy. Would be very excited about their launches, but they killed that with Fury and Vega launches where they overpriced the cards for the performance that was on offer. I used to buy AMD as they offered the 5-10% less performance at a much lower price compared to nvidia and were super competitive. At one point I only had AMD GPU’s for a straight decade.

These days I lost interest in their launches as all they do is match performance levels that have been available for a year or in some cases years and they price it similarly. Always feels like too little too late and not much of an improvement on price for performance based on how much time has gone by.

For me to be excited they would need to launch roughly 2080 Ti performance for about £500-600. This should be possible as they won’t need a huge die due to RT and Tensor cores not being there together with a much better 7nm EUV allowing for relatively very small die sizes. But that won’t happen. If they were to release such GPU it would be priced at no less than £800 which would not interest me and I would continue to wait for Nvidia’s 3000 series.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
A 780Ti at £699 launched in 2013 would now be around £800 purely due to inflation. Sure, this has then gone up another 25% or so, which is a lot, I'm not saying they're reasonable, but put it into perspective. There was a similar jump from the 480/580/680 to the ones you mentioned. A 2080 Super is, inflation adjusted, cheaper than that 780 Ti.

Couple that with the fact the £:$ ratio is so much worse these days... yeah these are expensive cards, no dispute, but time moves on, money devalues and exchange rates change. It's not *just* that we're getting gouged by Nvidia.

Firstly I only work in $ to keep consistency due to fluctuating $/£ conversions. It makes comparing price rises fairer.

There were no 580Ti or 680Ti only 580/680 which were $499, which later models of the 80 range (980/1080) which only rose in price by $50 each generation to top out at $599 for the 1080.

Another kick in the balls this generation is the fact that 70 class cards used to equal the performance of the previous gen 80ti class for around $349-399. This gen it took the 80 class card to narrowly beat out the 1080ti but that cost $799.

If this is somehow the new normal then I'm out of the game of upgrading anywhere near as frequently, if at all.

If I don't agree with something then I don't partake in it and won't be part of the problem of just coughing up the extra, which had an effect of basically telling these companies you're happy with the price hike and giving them the green light to continue this practice.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Firstly I only work in $ to keep consistency due to fluctuating $/£ conversions. It makes comparing price rises fairer.

There were no 580Ti or 680Ti only 580/680 which were $499, which later models of the 80 range (980/1080) which only rose in price by $50 each generation to top out at $599 for the 1080.

Another kick in the balls this generation is the fact that 70 class cards used to equal the performance of the previous gen 80ti class for around $349-399. This gen it took the 80 class card to narrowly beat out the 1080ti but that cost $799.

If this is somehow the new normal then I'm out of the game of upgrading anywhere near as frequently, if at all.

If I don't agree with something then I don't partake in it and won't be part of the problem of just coughing up the extra, which had an effect of basically telling these companies you're happy with the price hike and giving them the green light to continue this practice.
Well said.

Oh and I do the same and only look at the dollar value.

Soldato
If the next consoles launch for sub £500 and run at 4K then it's all over for the £1000 gpu's. Who in the right mind would buy them when you could get 4K gaming for half the price?

Soldato
I know some that have jumped ship to console, refuse to update or are just completely done with the PC Platform altogether due to the overpriced GPUs

I know people who bought consoles as well The RTX 2080ti was too expensive so they bought a PS4 instead which boasts the amazing Radeon HD 7850. Where's the logic in that? It's like saying the iPhone 11 Pro is too expensive so I'm going to give up on mobile phones and get a landline instead.

Soldato
Couple that with the fact the £:$ ratio is so much worse these days... yeah these are expensive cards, no dispute, but time moves on, money devalues and exchange rates change. It's not *just* that we're getting gouged by Nvidia.

Yeah because in the states, they dont think the 2080 Ti is expensive at all do they? The UK with it's poor £:$ ratio is the only country in the world who complains that the 2080 Ti is overpriced.

Soldato
If the next consoles launch for sub £500 and run at 4K then it's all over for the £1000 gpu's. Who in the right mind would buy them when you could get 4K gaming for half the price?

Why would it be? There's still going to be vast gulfs in terms of settings & framerates, plus you can customize your game on PC - no small advantage. I had to give up on Horizon ZD (and many others) because it had no FOV slider, even though it looked quite well and was enjoying the game otherwise. For me FOV alone is worth a hefty price premium because I'd rather not game at all than play zoomed in. And ofc, ultrawide support is a massive deal as well.

Soldato
Why would it be? There's still going to be vast gulfs in terms of settings & framerates, plus you can customize your game on PC - no small advantage. I had to give up on Horizon ZD (and many others) because it had no FOV slider, even though it looked quite well and was enjoying the game otherwise. For me FOV alone is worth a hefty price premium because I'd rather not game at all than play zoomed in. And ofc, ultrawide support is a massive deal as well.

I have a PS4, though haven't used it for ages, and when Nvidia announced their insane new prices for the 2000 series, I did seriously think about going back to console gaming with the PS5.

But the cost of the games, yearly subscription, along with reasons you pointed out have made me think again.

Instead, I won't buy into Nvidia's pricing structure, and will simply buy second hand.

Of course, if 2020 brings Nvidia back to their senses (highly doubt it) then I'll look again.

Bottom line is Nvidia missed out on a new 2000 series buy from me and for the foreseeable future.

Soldato

The difference for the new gen wil be that the cpu will be Zen based which is far better than the jaguar processor that was in the PS4/XB1. The lower settings and framerates were partly due to the low ipc of the jaguar cores, not just the gpu.The PS4/XB1 current gen is essentially a fight between a 2GHZ AMD Bulldozer level cpu and Intel Skylake level 4.4GHz+ PC's. Vast difference is performance yet the consoles can keep up to some degree. When devs are not severely handicapped by cpu ipc then I expect much closer performance between pc and console.

Permabanned
£50 more and get a Tri-Fan card:

KFA2 GeForce RTX 2080 Ti SG 1-Click OC 11264MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £949.99 inc VAT

28IULBMDT22G, Boost Clock: 1590MHz, Memory 11264MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Cuda Cores: 4352, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, NVIDIA Turing, 12nm Process, NV Link, Real-Time Ray Tracing, 2yr Warranty.

Only £949.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Again cheaper than anywhere else. :)

Could you tell me if it throttles? £899 would be doable for me but if it throttles forget about it but i am not prepared to buy one and the reviews say nothing.

I dont know what to do pay £1100 for a high end model or £899 for the blower. My fear is though with 100% fan speed what does it do at 4k? Does the card quickly hit 85c? At what clocks does it actually maintain? Because there are people who state at 4k it will throttle.

I would love to know can these cards get near 1900mhz boosts at 4k. The triple fan is not an option either because that 2yr warranty is useless. The only option would be the Zotac Twin fan at £899 if you wanted to drop those prices as well. I reckon i would have maybe take a bite there but the blower seems worse. And painfully its still £40 over priced perf wise if you can get a £700 2080 Super the Ti at +23% should be priced at £861.

Soldato
Could you tell me if it throttles? £899 would be doable for me but if it throttles forget about it but i am not prepared to buy one and the reviews say nothing.

I dont know what to do pay £1100 for a high end model or £899 for the blower. My fear is though with 100% fan speed what does it do at 4k? Does the card quickly hit 85c? At what clocks does it actually maintain? Because there are people who state at 4k it will throttle.

I would love to know can these cards get near 1900mhz boosts at 4k. The triple fan is not an option either because that 2yr warranty is useless. The only option would be the Zotac Twin fan at £899 if you wanted to drop those prices as well. I reckon i would have maybe take a bite there but the blower seems worse. And painfully its still £40 over priced perf wise if you can get a £700 2080 Super the Ti at +23% should be priced at £861.

What do you currently have?

IMO anything over a 2070 super is priced wrong.

If you have a decent card now I'd wait for the 3000 series rather than spending close to £1k on a 2080ti.

It's one year old already.

Also Black Friday is close. You might be able to get a bargain if you can wait another month and a half.

Permabanned
What do you currently have?

IMO anything over a 2070 super is priced wrong.

If you have a decent card now I'd wait for the 3000 series rather than spending close to £1k on a 2080ti.

It's one year old already.

Also Black Friday is close. You might be able to get a bargain if you can wait another month and a half.

I have nothing i had a 1080 that had to be sent back so i have the need now for doubling my fps 2080s is not really an upgrade but a good 2080s might be close to a 2080ti throttler. Below are the games i need to run at 4k as well and not 60hz i need really 120fps on med/low settings. I have odd requirements this generation they pushed 4k HFR so i have a 4k HFR setup and i cannot go back.

Wow classic (cannot wait much longer with no gpu)
Apex Legends
World of Tanks
World of Warships
Mordhau
Player unknowns battleground
F1 2019
PES 2020

TrM

TrM

Associate

they been saying that for many years that a good console will kill the high end gpu market.
And none have yet. Consoles are important to games yes as it normally there most sold platform for the triple aaa games. But let’s be honest there are more people spending more on high end pc parts then ever before.

When you start gaming at 4K you can never go back.
Look at getting a Second hand card to tide you over until next years new Nvidia cards hit the shelves.

I game at 4K and 1440p 144hz and if I’m honest in most games I much prefer 1440p gaming at 144hz then 4K.

4k will take over from 1440p for me when 4k 120-144fps is acctully achievable and let’s be honest here it’s not atm even on my beast of a pc it’s not possible.

consoles will push 4K forward every game will have native 4K textures etc and push game size up even more then now but 60 FPS gaming at 4K feels like a major downgrade

Back
Top Bottom