Red Dead Redemption 2

Caporegime
Also, people have to remember, the controls/feel in RDR 2 are extremely clunky, everything is so slow, this is going to be even more obvious when you are playing at 60+FPS with M+K so I can see a lot of ranting here, same as with GTA 5, GTA 5 feels fluid etc. compared to RDR 2 :D :p

Soldato
30fps no better than 60fps?.....what next, no point in any higher res than 1080p potato res??? :eek::confused:

Some very strange comments going on around here, wouldn't be some butthurt console fanboys gutted it's coming out on PC would it.

I'd rather play flipping scrabble at 60fps rather than 30fps. 30pfs is an absolutely disgusting experience playing at, end of. It doesn't matter what the game is. It's the one thing that drove me absolutely crazy trying to play at that frame rate on PS4pro. I like console gaming as well, but 30fps on anything gives me the perfect reason to switch that POS off in a heart beat. To used to 100fps gaming with adaptive sync tech and higher res on my PC's.

Soldato
Also, people have to remember, the controls/feel in RDR 2 are extremely clunky, everything is so slow, this is going to be even more obvious when you are playing at 60+FPS with M+K so I can see a lot of ranting here, same as with GTA 5, GTA 5 feels fluid etc. compared to RDR 2 :D :p

A PC game pad should be ok?

Soldato
30fps no better than 60fps?.....what next, no point in any higher res than 1080p potato res??? :eek::confused:

Some very strange comments going on around here, wouldn't be some butthurt console fanboys gutted it's coming out on PC would it.

I'd rather play flipping scrabble at 60fps rather than 30fps. 30pfs is an absolutely disgusting experience playing at, end of. It doesn't matter what the game is. It's the one thing that drove me absolutely crazy trying to play at that frame rate on PS4pro. I like console gaming as well, but 30fps on anything gives me the perfect reason to switch that POS off in a heart beat. To used to 100fps gaming with adaptive sync tech and higher res on my PC's.

Firstly, PC gamer here and whilst it is fine that pc gamers get excited about cowboy simulator coming to the PC it is typically predictable for hopes to go way overboard. No where did I say 30fps was better than 60. All I'm saying is that folks will be in for quite a surprise when they find out how slow the game really is and it doesn't take long since it Chapter 1 is essentially the dullest part of the game...that almost made me quit when I first played it.

Soldato
I bought this game on the Xbox One and I had to stop playing it, the controls are terrible. Clunky doesn't even begin to describe how bad they are. It completely ruined any immersion for me.

If they improve the controls for the PC, I might get it, but, if it's the same then forget it. Not wasting my money.

Associate
A PC game pad should be ok?

I thought you had a distaste for anything console related?

I bought this game on the Xbox One and I had to stop playing it, the controls are terrible. Clunky doesn't even begin to describe how bad they are. It completely ruined any immersion for me.

If they improve the controls for the PC, I might get it, but, if it's the same then forget it. Not wasting my money.

If it's anything like GTA V, the game will have a seperate control scheme for first-person. For example, the swimming mechanic in GTA V was awful in third-person, but if you switched to first, it was much easier to use!

Soldato
I heard a rumour. This, is going to cost £109 for the ultimate edition and £79 for the base game. I hope this ain't true.

Better not be.

£39.99 my prefered amount, £49.99 OK cheeky but seems to be the norm, anything above that and I will have to give it a miss... Currently £29.99 on PSN

Soldato
Better not be.

£39.99 my prefered amount, £49.99 OK cheeky but seems to be the norm, anything above that and I will have to give it a miss... Currently £29.99 on PSN
Doubt you'll see it at launch for that price. I know nothing about the pc versions if already stated but I can't see even the bog standard version for £40. Hell they've got years old Max Payne 3 at £28 or so and it's not even on the Rockstar launcher library for me even though I have it on steam.

Wouldn't be surprised if we get Borderlands 3 style pricing with the game starting at £49.99. They'll milk us silly because let's face it, we will.

Edit: on mobile, sorry for mistakes

Soldato
I don't even mind 30fps in this game but I still think 60fps is easily better, no matter how slow paced it is. I didn't have much trouble with the tank controls on PS4 Pro, it's about the fluidity of the movement itself, 60fps will be a lot better. I've never ever seen a game that feels better at 30 than 60.

Regardless of that, I can already feel the *****ing when pople find out this is not GTA and miles slower-paced with very divisive controls:p

Soldato
How will 60fps make a difference I ask?
Literally anytime the camera moves the smoothness of 60fps synced to 60hz makes it vastly more enjoyable. Hell I found the first person view unplayable on Pro due to how jerky the camera movement is at 30fps. The extra missing frame on every refresh is super noticeable and distracting.
This is true for any game that features free camera and looking around.

Soldato
If the steam version just launches the rockstar store then I guess I'll buy on there or prolly CDkeys and enjoy it in November, meh

Caporegime
If the steam version just launches the rockstar store then I guess I'll buy on there or prolly CDkeys and enjoy it in November, meh

It will probably download from Steam but it will open the Rockstar Game Launcher I should imagine. It's irksome as I bought GTA V on Steam, wish I'd got it on RGL now.

Associate
Hope we can pre load on rockstars launcher as my internet is pants and i reckon this will be one big download.

Also i think 30fps will be fine for me in this, hopefully that will let me crank up the graphics with my crappy cpu.

Soldato
It's going to look fantastic on pc but the game isn't without its flaws.

Looting is a chore. Rather than just press a loot button and grab all you have to hold down the button and wait while he rummages.

I appreciate its a slower paced western game (beautifully atmospheric) but some of the gameplay elements are just annoying.

Like the GtaV release, it will be impressive.

Back
Top Bottom