** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
Only if there were rocks inside the bag the monitor was in. It's just not possible to happen. Only if they somehow managed to scratch the panel before packaging it.

Associate
My monitor is also damaged. There's a big scratch on the top right corner of the screen and a big vertical lane right in the center. It's very noticeable when the monitor is turned off or in dark scenes.

Here are some pics, it's kinda hard to capture the vertical lane but it goes all the way up from the LG logo:
x57i18l.jpg
321yAHn.jpg
6dNXwH2.jpg
QkBGTJ6.jpg
HiYp3w1.jpg

I'm really sad. It seems like LG's QC is non existent. Those of you who didn't get the monitor are lucky for not having to deal with this ****.
x57i18l

321yAHn

6dNXwH2

QkBGTJ6

HiYp3w1

I am dumb.

I thought I'd try to clean it before sending it back and voila, the scratch and the lane on the center are gone. I didn't even have to rub it hard, I just wiped it with a piece of cloth and it was gone.

If you are having similar problems try wiping it gently, it's possible that it was just dirty and not damaged. Now I don't know why they send them dirty like this but at least mine is fine. It's still weird though.

To everyone else having problems with this monitor I feel for you, it sucks having to deal with RMA and a possible long wait. If you can hang in there the monitor is definitely worth it, it's fantastic. I was willing to wait until the end of the year if mine was indeed broken.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

Associate
Just got mine, NO shipping damage, no BLB at least now in dimmed room, will check again on night time.. everything looks really nice, cant even compare to my old TN panel, which was/is pretty decent actually :D factory calibration on RGB spot on, didnt even need to change any RGB settings on display, nice colour gamut https://prnt.sc/pfyy3t vs my 4years old TN panel https://prnt.sc/pfz01u. also can't say contrast is bad, of course not OLED, but no problems at all ;)

Associate
I too will add a positive note on this monitor. Well received with no marks/scratches. The first thing I noticed (coming from a Dell U2713) was how lightning quick and snappy this monitor feels over my old one.

No noticeable BLB (brightness set to 35), a little bit of off-angle IPS glow but I'm going from IPS to IPS so nothing I'm not used to. I got this monitor for the refresh rate (tired of being stuck at 60Hz) and great response time. Spec-wise I think it's one of the best price/performance monitors for me, it's just a shame they're so hard to get hold of!

Soldato
Luckily on mine i have no dead pixels, no scratches (though the matt finish isn't the greatest), the bottom bezel looks really cheap plastic material.. But the only real negative I can find is there is a tiny bit on back-light bleed on the bottom left corner (50% brightness).. it is quite minimal to what I've had before... Other than that i cannot find any fault this monitor so far, I'm pretty happy with it. Oh yeah the display port cable is rather short so if your monitor is a fair distance from the PC like me, then you are going to need a longer cable.

Associate
(though the matt finish isn't the greatest)

This is my biggest worry to be honest - I hate matt monitors, and from the pics on here it looks a bit cheap. I think it's madness people prefer a dirty matt film on their screen rather than a crisp glossy screen which they can just position properly to avoid any glare. Buy hey ho, I seem to be the only person in the world wanting this as there isn't a single glossy gaming monitor.

Associate
Well I have been wanting the 1440p monitor. Worried about lack of stock, and dont want to experience any issues.

But since showing an interest I have wasted some of my budget. 960gb ssd for one of my lads, new Steelseries Apex Pro, last night I ordered a spare Corsair gaming mouse and Seasonic Prime Platinum 650w psu.

Now wondering if 650w was a good idea, and still wishing I had a new monitor.

Associate
Well I have been wanting the 1440p monitor. Worried about lack of stock, and dont want to experience any issues.

But since showing an interest I have wasted some of my budget. 960gb ssd for one of my lads, new Steelseries Apex Pro, last night I ordered a spare Corsair gaming mouse and Seasonic Prime Platinum 650w psu.

Now wondering if 650w was a good idea, and still wishing I had a new monitor.

I feel for you, brother. Although in my case, I'm upto £1700 worth of spend! :D

The only thing missing from my new rig now is a 27 inch IPS monitor. I was going to grab the LG 27GL850, but I need the whole spend to be in by the end of my company tax year at the end of November; don't think the LG is going to by re-available by then. I'm also looking at the Viewsonic XG270QG, which uses the same panel, but whether that too will be availabe by the end of Novemeber I've no idea.

If anyone else has any good suggestions of what else I could be looking at as alternatives to the LG in the next couple of months I'd be glad to hear.

Associate
I feel for you, brother. Although in my case, I'm upto £1700 worth of spend! :D

The only thing missing from my new rig now is a 27 inch IPS monitor. I was going to grab the LG 27GL850, but I need the whole spend to be in by the end of my company tax year at the end of November; don't think the LG is going to by re-available by then. I'm also looking at the Viewsonic XG270QG, which uses the same panel, but whether that too will be availabe by the end of Novemeber I've no idea.

If anyone else has any good suggestions of what else I could be looking at as alternatives to the LG in the next couple of months I'd be glad to hear.

OCUK take the money when you pre-order so you might as well pre-order and use the invoice dated from then for your accounts.

Associate
OCUK take the money when you pre-order so you might as well pre-order and use the invoice dated from then for your accounts.

Yeah, could do, but then I'm not happy with OCUK holding my cash for upwards of three months for a product they know they simply don't have in stock. Bit of a ****-take, really.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the next couple of months and see what else becomes available, like the XG270QG, for example. Not sure if someone also mentioned that Gigabyte are supposed to have a new IPS on the way?

Back
Top Bottom