Flat roof repair

Soldato
Ive got a small leak in my flat that needs repairing howerr Im actually looking at changing the roof over the next few months as Im extending the kitchen and was considering a sky light or smilar. What options do I have for a cheap and cheerful fix that doesnt need to last a huge amount of time?

I know you can get the paint that you apply but does it need to be dry to apply it? The forecast is rain for the next few weeks although that can easily change!

Soldato
I used isoflex rubber sealant to fix a small leak on my flat roof a couple of years ago, it's expensive compared to similar products but it does get the best reviews and in my opinion was worth it.

Associate
I swear by this... https://www.screwfix.com/p/cementone-flexacryl-roof-repair-compound-grey-5kg/46079
Use scrim tape if it's a biggish crack or hole(10mm + or more), best conditions are dry if possible, make sure you prep the area first as well as possible.
Also don't go heavy with it, use 2 coats instead. If you need to use the scrim tape put the first coat down lay the scrim in work it with the a brush, wait 24hrs then another light coat.

Best regards

Associate
Don't buy Thomson's roof seal or Flexacryl as suggested above they are both rubbish.

Buy Cromapol instead (from Amaz0n) it's what the pros use and is the only thing that works long term.

You can combine with some torch-on felt (paint on after felting) if you want but not necessary.

Back
Top Bottom