Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
pinnacle weapons, exotic quests, lore stuff, harder difficulty nightfalls, vex offensive, raids, collections, triumphs and a lot more. There is a bunch of things to do now, can sometimes be confusing where to start!

ah good, should keep me busy for a while :D
also found out i can play the previous campaigns so just started the first one

with them switching to f2p they should have done a better job of the beginners quest, i was so lost at first.. i have like 30 quests in the log and no idea where to begin
slowly getting the hang of things now though

Associate
Well mouse and keyboard didn't go very well lastnight, everything is very jerky when aiming with the mouse in Destiny (tried a couple of other games and it was fine). Any suggestions as to how I fix this?

Associate
Well mouse and keyboard didn't go very well lastnight, everything is very jerky when aiming with the mouse in Destiny (tried a couple of other games and it was fine). Any suggestions as to how I fix this?

Have you tried resetting controls to defaults, my PS4 settings carried over to PC including controller sensitivities which affected mouse as well. Also have you checked the mices polling rate might be to low/high?

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought shadowkeep as I like the new direction Destiny 2 has taken, so I wanted to support them.

But I've not played it yet, my gripe with the previous expansion is as a solo player, I felt so alone and barely anything to do. Anyone know of any decent guides that have a checklist sort of thing of 'must do' items so I can start the grind? Gonna play the new campaign tonight to get that finished off.

Associate

If coming from console it can be tough, lower sensitivity waaaaay down ingame, its hard to believe how sensitive a mouse can be when coming from being a pad user.

Soldato
This is ******* ridiculous. It's taken me ******* days to download this, and earlier I was on 55% done and now I fire Steam up to download a bit more and it's gone - it's back to 0%. I haven't touched steam since it was at 55% so I know I haven't deleted it myself.

This has happened twice now. **** this for a game of soldiers. When it was on battle.net it just worked.

Soldato
This is ******* ridiculous. It's taken me ******* days to download this, and earlier I was on 55% done and now I fire Steam up to download a bit more and it's gone - it's back to 0%. I haven't touched steam since it was at 55% so I know I haven't deleted it myself.

This has happened twice now. **** this for a game of soldiers. When it was on battle.net it just worked.
I've not had an issue... Have you checked your local connection as well as the steam server location?

Soldato
I've not had an issue... Have you checked your local connection as well as the steam server location?

Connection is just fine and the location has not changed. Never had a problem with a single Steam download in 15 years or so. But this, it just gets to around halfway downloaded and then the next time I start Steam it's reset itself to 0% and there's nothing in any of the relevant folders in the Steam directory. Plus my system monitor on the desktop shows my game drive has an extra 80GB or so, so it's even unallocated the space too.

Associate

Just had the same problem as you , had downloaded 75% of Destiny 2 by this morning and when I resumed the download tonight it is now at 1% ! This is crazy , never had this before with any game on steam...... :(

Edit - Just found a fix for this and it actually works.

"I had the same problem boys... you just go to files :steamapp:downloading you find the downloaded files of destiny 2...you put it to steamapps:common:destiny 2
then you unistall download and redownload... steam will search for downloaded files snd will resume from where you stopped."

Last edited:
Associate

Don't forget to delete both "web browser cache "and " all "browser cookies" , found at main screen\settings\web browser
Then exit Steam and reboot and go back in to Steam to continue downloading

Soldato
Edit - Just found a fix for this and it actually works.

"I had the same problem boys... you just go to files :steamapp:downloading you find the downloaded files of destiny 2...you put it to steamapps:common:destiny 2
then you unistall download and redownload... steam will search for downloaded files snd will resume from where you stopped."

How does that work then? There is no data in the downloading folders to transfer, it's all been deleted. That entire folder is empty.

JWoopsN.png

Don't forget to delete both "web browser cache "and " all "browser cookies" , found at main screen\settings\web browser
Then exit Steam and reboot and go back in to Steam to continue downloading

Continue downloading what? It's deleted all the data and unallocated the disk space. There is nothing there to continue with.

Last edited:
Associate
Sucked right back in to this with Shadowkeep. Really enjoying it.

20 hours in, recently completed the campaign and at around 911 powerlevel. The grind really starts now!
Been enjoying Crucible & Gambit a lot. Tempted by the Raid this weekend if I can get to 940

Associate
How does that work then? There is no data in the downloading folders to transfer, it's all been deleted. That entire folder is empty.

JWoopsN.png

Continue downloading what? It's deleted all the data and unallocated the disk space. There is nothing there to continue with.

How much room does Steam say you have?

Double check firewall, etc..

Soldato
Finally getting back into this after buying Shadowkeep, got through a fair chunk of the campaign last night. At light level 801 right now, looking forward to doing the old raids as I never did most of them. Are they at lease populated when matchmaking or is it simply best to just go at it solo? I'd like to run through them all to check them off my list.

Back
Top Bottom