Show us your retro setups!

Associate
Mine is more of a gaming console room, rather than a "Games room" as I mostly buy everything on Steam now / Humble Bundle or it's bought, played and then sold back on. I've got a small collection of games for all the different consoles but they're mostly either unboxed or not in a collectors state. The main retro game I'm playing at the moment is Mario Kart 64 with a friend, great times when he can come over!

My daughter is strange in that she prefers her smaller room to this when offered the choice and it was just sitting as a spare bedroom (used once or twice a year) with all my kit stored in boxes under the bed / in the garage etc. One day she said get rid of the bed as we don't need it and I said.... OK!

kAGy1sd.jpg

Caporegime
Why have you got the same consoles several times? Are they slightly different versions - like Japanese/US/EU etc..? Or back ups in case one breaks or something?

Associate
Use this for my retro fix, 150 systems over 12tb.
48872454317_24dc8f5a88_c.jpg

Associate
Why have you got the same consoles several times? Are they slightly different versions - like Japanese/US/EU etc..? Or back ups in case one breaks or something?

Pretty much both reasons really. One Snes is a standard one the other is a 1-chip model. The N64 is my favourite console from my childhood so I have Rgb modded Pal ones, Ntsc ones, Tim Worthington modded Pal one and then a UltraHDMI modded one. They're all spares too so if something goes wrong with one and I can't fix it then I'll have replacements that hopefully work and I don't need to find one in the future.

The other reason is, as daft as it sounds, you can usually buy consoles with 3 or 4 pads for the same cost as buying the pads alone! So sometimes I've gone to buy a console with pads and a couple of games just so I can have 4 pads for the console when friends come over.

The play stations I picked up for free from people or paid about 5 pounds each maybe so I figured why not when the lasers die or the mechanisms wear down I'll have spares to make working ones out of failed ones, hopefully!

I have some Amigas in a cupboard just behind as well but they're too big to display on the shelves, another great system from my childhood! Although if I'm being honest I prefer to use WinUAE on my laptop so I can use save states lol.

Back
Top Bottom