Where to start?

Associate
Hello, I am really wanting to get a proper "gaming chair" due to playing pc games quite a lot but also working from home and I just can't sit on my crappy office chair for these periods of time without my lower back killing me, but I'm just not sure where to start ,there are so many different offerings? OcUK sell the noblechairs etc but theres also all the direct sites and the ones affiliated with e-sports?

Is there a general knowledge in the area of what is best to buy and what is best to avoid?

Thanks

Soldato
And try not to fixate on 'gaming' chairs. I suffer with lower back pain hugely and bought a Herman Miller Mirra 2. What an amazing chair, sitting in it actually helps my lower back feel better after using it. Also as advised above, actually try them out. I would never have dropped the sort of money a good chair costs without trying them first. John Lewis normally has a few good ones to sit in.

Don
you're best of trying them, if you can.

I have two noble chairs one of a previous generation and one of the newest gen (girlfriend uses one, I use the other) and in terms of gaming chairs nothing really comes close;

There are better ergonomically chairs out there, but these are usually silly expensive - but it depends how much you value your back! :p

Associate
Any gaming chairs with side bars on the seat are very uncomfortable for long period of working use, so be wary of that.

The Noblechair Hero has arguably the best and flattest seat of all the 'gaming' chairs, and in person, the black leather version looks like a premium leather executive office chair, which is basically what it is, as the Hero is officially recognised an ergonomic office chair by EU standards, the only gaming chair that is.

I've battle tested this leather Hero working from home, these past few months, did a 60 hour week on it last week, no worries at all, I wouldn't pay more for a fabric covered 'designer' chair lacking a head rest when you can get a real leather one for cheaper. You can get used 'designer' chair for less but that's one an executive has been farting on for years, I'd rather have brand new.

Soldato
The Ikea Marcus is often recommended on these forums, not tried one myself, not sure if it's considered 'budget' at £179.

I have a Noblechairs Hero and it is very firm, had it for about 12 months or so. I think it's a good chair but not the most comfortable chair I've ever sat on.

Mine recently developed a squeak but thankfully Overclockers were very swift in resolving the matter; they sent out a whole new 'undercarriage' - tilt mechanism, gas lift, base and wheels.

Associate
deffo avoid anything labelled as *gaming chair

get a decent second hand chair line steel case or herman miller.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom