X570 Aorus and £30 steam voucher for review

Soldato
Dude, consider yourself fortunate you got ANYTHING at all. A £30 incentive they retrospectively offered to those before the promotion was even live, so what - You have to wait? Wait.

Associate
Dude, consider yourself fortunate you got ANYTHING at all. A £30 incentive they retrospectively offered to those before the promotion was even live, so what - You have to wait? Wait.
Poor attempt at trolling. I'm surprised long standing members are allowed to behave this way in such an otherwise tightly moderated forum.

While its good to hear I'm not alone waiting for the steam voucher it sucks that so many people are still waiting. What makes it even worse that there is no effort at communication from Gigabyte, though having used their tech support which is just as slow I don't know why I'm surprised. They need to start charging a lot less for their stuff if they're going to treat their customers like crap, expectations are a lot higher when you position yourself as a "premium" brand.

Associate
No, a promotion that was offered and that we fulfilled the terms for... by buying a motherboard within a certain timeframe.
Why should we feel "fortunate" that we should get what we are entitled to?

Associate
Poor attempt at trolling. I'm surprised long standing members are allowed to behave this way in such an otherwise tightly moderated forum.

While its good to hear I'm not alone waiting for the steam voucher it sucks that so many people are still waiting. What makes it even worse that there is no effort at communication from Gigabyte, though having used their tech support which is just as slow I don't know why I'm surprised. They need to start charging a lot less for their stuff if they're going to treat their customers like crap, expectations are a lot higher when you position yourself as a "premium" brand.
Agreed, for the most part Gigabytes customer service is just terrible. and this certainly isn't doing anything to change my mind.
I had promised myself i wouldn't buy anymore Gigabyte products after my last motherboard, but the x570 aorus master had everything I needed (plus the promotion was a handy extra... hmm) so decided to risk it.

Associate
Agreed, for the most part Gigabytes customer service is just terrible. and this certainly isn't doing anything to change my mind.
I had promised myself i wouldn't buy anymore Gigabyte products after my last motherboard, but the x570 aorus master had everything I needed (plus the promotion was a handy extra... hmm) so decided to risk it.
Same, I was so close to just buying a second MSI B450i but the £30 promotion on the Aorus X570i swung it for me. Here I am 3 months later having waited 2 weeks for the board to come into stock, spent 5 weeks with Gigabyte support going in circles until they washed their hands of me because they don't have my exact model of PSU to test the board with (meaning I am ineligible for support it seems), and throughout this entire ordeal have been waiting for this £30 voucher to appear. And then that numpty shows up and says we should just wait and feel fortunate if we get anything? I think not.

Associate
Same, I was so close to just buying a second MSI B450i but the £30 promotion on the Aorus X570i swung it for me. Here I am 3 months later having waited 2 weeks for the board to come into stock, spent 5 weeks with Gigabyte support going in circles until they washed their hands of me because they don't have my exact model of PSU to test the board with (meaning I am ineligible for support it seems), and throughout this entire ordeal have been waiting for this £30 voucher to appear. And then that numpty shows up and says we should just wait and feel fortunate if we get anything? I think not.
I tried to RMA a board back to gigabyte only to be told to send cash in the box for the repair, apparently it was covered under waranty but rhe cash was for processing or something. :/

Never heard of a big company asking for cash to be sent in the box for a warranty claim. they also refused to tell me what the bios error code on my led meant for weeks (wasn't in the manual and online just said "reserved for future use")

Associate
Well good news for me at least, I finally got a response from the marketing email and they had sent my codes to @gmail.cm instead of @gmail.com....hopefully everyone else waiting gets theirs.

Soldato

Get over yourself.

I waited and probably bought one of the first of the very limited numbers of Masters on launch day. Promotion wasn't even a thing then but it arrived eventually.

Don't buy Gigabyte next time if waiting for some vouchers is such a world ender for you.

Last edited:
Associate
Get over yourself.

I waited and probably bought one of the first of the very limited numbers of Masters on launch day. Promotion wasn't even a thing then but it arrived eventually.

Don't buy Gigabyte next time if waiting for some vouchers is such a world ender for you.
Good for you, promotion WAS a thing when i bought mine... so not the same thing at all.
You were lucky they retroactively included you despite the fact they didn't need to by the sound of it. I (and others on here) bought mine and registered when the promotion was in full swing.
They do this promotion to entice people to buy their product over competitors, so when they then turn around and dont bother giving the the vouchers as promised it's no wonder the customers get annoyed. it's a bait and switch.
I have been promised 3 times now by Gigabyte that the vouchers will be coming that week and yet nothing. Hardly a good way to treat customers, white knights like you defending basd practises doesn't help things and enables
companies to get away with stuff like this.

Soldato
Good for you, promotion WAS a thing when i bought mine... so not the same thing at all.
You were lucky they retroactively included you despite the fact they didn't need to by the sound of it. I (and others on here) bought mine and registered when the promotion was in full swing.
They do this promotion to entice people to buy their product over competitors, so when they then turn around and dont bother giving the the vouchers as promised it's no wonder the customers get annoyed. it's a bait and switch.
I have been promised 3 times now by Gigabyte that the vouchers will be coming that week and yet nothing. Hardly a good way to treat customers, white knights like you defending basd practises doesn't help things and enables
companies to get away with stuff like this.
Yeah still haven't gotten mine, makes me feel like having the Asus TUF, same price without voucher and I'd have Wi-Fi.
Just seen Asus offer up t £300 cashback on their motherboards at the moment, whereas we have to wait a month for a steam code.

Good old Gigabyte. I thought they may have improved from when I had to send them cash in the box to fix my RMA'd motherboard... but no.
Seeing how long it's taken to not get these vouchers I won't be buying Gigabyte again, never had any problems with their products but with support like this no thank you.

Associate
Get over yourself.

Comes into thread and tells everyone they should just wait and be grateful if they get anything because he has already received his voucher, anyone disagreeing should "Get over yourself". Sounds legit.

If you bought on launch day, 7/7/19 and the promotion was announced 1/7/19, then the promotion was very much a thing when you bought, you just didn't do your research and knew nothing about it.

Over dramatise much? That's right, my world is literally ending because I'm annoyed at Gigabyte and their crap customer service. Get over yourself lol.

Soldato
Over dramatise much? That's right, my world is literally ending because I'm annoyed at Gigabyte and their crap customer service. Get over yourself lol.

I've seen people suffering life crisis make less drama than you here about a voucher.

Anyway, you're on ignore along with some other select special few.

FYI - If you were not so late to the party you'd know the promotion was not live for launch but once launched encompassed orders from the launch onwards retrospectively.

Soldato
OP

Just seen Asus offer up t £300 cashback on their motherboards at the moment, whereas we have to wait a month for a steam code.

Good old Gigabyte. I thought they may have improved from when I had to send them cash in the box to fix my RMA'd motherboard... but no.

longest so far is MSI cash back which took 3 months and i think court action against company that Held the Money- yes, some vendors use 3rd party companies to handle promotions and didn't please OCUK at all. Believe Gigabytes Vouchers are all processed by @GIGA-Man solely (Again rep mentioned this) .

think it's listed WAY back that they already ran OUT of their allocated amount- READ T&C's and can see this listed "first come first service before set amount runs out", But rep went on to mention that they will try to issue as many that bought their boards BEFORE cut off DATE but AFTER LOCATION amount had reached its limits .

and to top if off... HAVE YOU CHECK YOUR SPAM/JUNK ??

Haha! Cheers guys, it’s been sitting in my junk folder for three weeks :rolleyes:

Already spent it on Planet Zoo.

Just got a Email from Gigabyte stating steam codes delayed but hold tight.
They are coming.

Was in my Spam.

I emailed the marketing team and got confirmation that way. they have seemingly run out of codes now, but are getting more for people who sent reviews in early in enough by the look of it.

I will be very annoyed if I dont get mine after they confirmed I will get some.

check your spam mail. mine (and quite a few others too) ended up in spam

Wow thanks. It was in my Junk folder!

Last edited:
Associate
Hello all,

Okay, let me address a few things here.... First the charge that people are mentioning, the £15 I have been informed is for postage with insurance for us to send your product back. In the first year of your warranty you are supposed to send the product back to the people you bought it from. We offer a service where you can deal with us directly, which will of course be faster. I often if the issue is big enough or deemed to be 100% our issue will arrange to have the parts picked up, fixed quickly and sent back at our cost. We've done this in the past for board with older BIOS on them. I will deal with any cases I can and will continue to offer this support to you all and anyone else that mails or contacts me.

The second thing to address is the STEAM promotion, I appreciate the people backing me and GIGABYTE up here. However, we did promise the STEAM vouchers in a reasonable amount of time and that's not happened for a small number of users that registered. While well over half those who registered got their vouchers within two to three weeks. There are a number of people who have been waiting more than that for their vouchers, I have mailed everyone personally explaining there is a delay and have also been replying to e-mails within a day or two when people have been chasing.
The reason for the delay is because the company that were supply the vouchers to GIGABYTE have done a U turn and stopped supplying them commercially. It's not possible for me to just buy the vouchers from a store due to the amount we need to buy, we've found a new company for the vouchers and the order is being processed and I hope it clear soon (it could still be another week or two, really hope not though). I am going to make sure that every one that still does not have their vouchers get's them ASAP. If anyone here has issue with this please mail the [email protected] address and I will deal with that complaint in an official manner.

I want to apologise to those that have had to wait for their voucher and we're doing our best to get them sent out. We've run a lot of promotions in the years I've worked at GIGABYTE (other STEAM voucher version too) and this is the first time people have not been given the items we have promised in a reasonable time frame. You will get what is owed, if you have further issues with this please mail the e-mail address I have provided and I will deal with those promptly.

Associate
longest so far is MSI cash back which took 3 months and i think court action against company that Held the Money- yes, some vendors use 3rd party companies to handle promotions and didn't please OCUK at all. Believe Gigabytes Vouchers are all processed by @GIGA-Man solely (Again rep mentioned this) .

think it's listed WAY back that they already ran OUT of their allocated amount- READ T&C's and can see this listed "first come first service before set amount runs out", But rep went on to mention that they will try to issue as many that bought their boards BEFORE cut off DATE but AFTER LOCATION amount had reached its limits .

and to top if off... HAVE YOU CHECK YOUR SPAM/JUNK ??
Yeah, I have been in contact with them and still awaiting vouchers to send me.

Associate
Hello all,

Okay, let me address a few things here.... First the charge that people are mentioning, the £15 I have been informed is for postage with insurance for us to send your product back. In the first year of your warranty you are supposed to send the product back to the people you bought it from. We offer a service where you can deal with us directly, which will of course be faster. I often if the issue is big enough or deemed to be 100% our issue will arrange to have the parts picked up, fixed quickly and sent back at our cost. We've done this in the past for board with older BIOS on them. I will deal with any cases I can and will continue to offer this support to you all and anyone else that mails or contacts me.

The second thing to address is the STEAM promotion, I appreciate the people backing me and GIGABYTE up here. However, we did promise the STEAM vouchers in a reasonable amount of time and that's not happened for a small number of users that registered. While well over half those who registered got their vouchers within two to three weeks. There are a number of people who have been waiting more than that for their vouchers, I have mailed everyone personally explaining there is a delay and have also been replying to e-mails within a day or two when people have been chasing.
The reason for the delay is because the company that were supply the vouchers to GIGABYTE have done a U turn and stopped supplying them commercially. It's not possible for me to just buy the vouchers from a store due to the amount we need to buy, we've found a new company for the vouchers and the order is being processed and I hope it clear soon (it could still be another week or two, really hope not though). I am going to make sure that every one that still does not have their vouchers get's them ASAP. If anyone here has issue with this please mail the [email protected] address and I will deal with that complaint in an official manner.

I want to apologise to those that have had to wait for their voucher and we're doing our best to get them sent out. We've run a lot of promotions in the years I've worked at GIGABYTE (other STEAM voucher version too) and this is the first time people have not been given the items we have promised in a reasonable time frame. You will get what is owed, if you have further issues with this please mail the e-mail address I have provided and I will deal with those promptly.

Thanks for the response. That was my main worry that I would just not get them in the end.

The cash in the box issue was me as well, the customer service at the time was terrible. Telling me to go back to Amazon despite the board being over 2 years old. Then telling me to send cash in the box with little explanation why and it took several emails to even find out what the bios error codes meant on my board.

I decided to go with gigabyte again as I love the products. Just hoping I don't have to attempt an RMA again as it was truly painful at the time.

Soldato
Hello all,

I've already spoke to them via e-mail and got a rapid reply about there being another delay, this last reply was on 2nd October, the first delay e-mail I got was on the 6th September, it's now over a month late, makes me wonder what the RMA experience with Gigabyte would be like.

When my EVGA and HyperX products failed I had a new device in my hand within 5 days, excellent service yet with Gigabyte just for a digital code I'm still waiting after 30+ days, I've only ever bought Gigabyte boards however I'll be thinking twice next time around, I know this isn't your fault, just saying how I'm feeling about the company in general.

Associate
I've seen people suffering life crisis make less drama than you here about a voucher.

Anyway, you're on ignore along with some other select special few.

FYI - If you were not so late to the party you'd know the promotion was not live for launch but once launched encompassed orders from the launch onwards retrospectively.
It's a forum post specifically about the promotion, so of course we are vocal about not getting it in here... Not exactly hard to work out genius.

I hope.you have me on ignore as well, as seeing I have a reply from you is like finding a wart on my penis. Very unpleasant.

Back
Top Bottom