Washer dryers

Soldato
Hi

anyone know anything about these?

I know you should have separate machines but we don’t have space.

ours has packed in quite a few times due to people not emptying their pockets properly.

this time it seems to have given up the ghost for good. It turns on and spins etc. But never gets hot.

The main thing I’m trying to get my head round before replacing it (going to be an absolute nightmare to get it out and the new one in) is whether there should always be water in the system that you can drain by opening the hole at the front.

It may just be blocked elsewhere but I think the element has gone or something along those lines. It’s annoying as draining and unblocking has always sorted it in the past.

hoover dynamicnext 9+6 FWIW. Model number starts WDXC

thanks

Associate
I can't speak for washer/dryers, never had one and I know nothing about them, but for conventional washing machines, it's perfectly normal for residual water to remain in the machine that you can drain from the port at the bottom.

Soldato
As said above it should be a simple job to replace the heating element for a small cost.
If the machine still operates fine but is just not getting hot it's the likely cause.
You normally need access to the back of the machine to replace it. I think you can also test the element with a multimeter to see if it's faulty.
Don't forget to replace the rubber o-ring with a new one if it has one.

With a washer dryer you should empty the water and clean the filter regularly, at least once every month or two, more if you use the machine a lot this should help to prevent the build up of dirt and limescale.

Soldato
We've had ours for 3 years and it's been fine.
Of course there is a compromise to them than having separate machines but I've never felt it sucked at washing/drying clothes.
There biggest downfall is the small load size for drying, while ours has a 8kg for washing it will only dry 5kg. If you overload it for drying it will not dry the clothes thoroughly.

Can't really help more than this, I've had the heating element out of ours to remove a stuck bra wire in the outer drum and it was a simple job.

Hopefully this page might give you some more answers.

https://www.espares.co.uk/advice/careandmaintenance/how-to-diagnose-washer-dryer-drying-problems

Soldato
a stuck bra wire in the outer drum

Spent an hour with my head in a drum fishing out one of those trapped between the drum and the machine internals.

Was so happy when I got one end of it to poke back inside the drum and I could get enough grip with some pliers.

Criminal offence imo.

Soldato
Got rid of our seperates after our hoover dynamic tumbler just randomly died for no reason. We went for a Siemens IQ-500 WD14U520GB 10Kg / 6Kg Washer Dryer and while more expensive has been amazing so far.

Soldato
Get one with a heat pump, they're meant to be much better. Ours is rubbish compared to a vented one and it was a 600 quid samsung one, it's the first time I've ever been dissapointed with a Samsung product.

Back
Top Bottom