Changing my written signature - issues?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You'll have to update your driving license with the new signature. You'll have to pay for that. Passport does not contain a signature if you have the biometric chip on it.

Soldato
I've never been able to do the same signature twice, the only issue I had was trying to withdraw from an ISA that had a balance book thing for it. I showed another form of ID and they made me fill out a signature change form, each and every time I went in. Never needed one since, I sign the back of my cards but nobody ever looks at them so I don't know what the point is.

Signed for car finance with 3 different scribbles, not a flinch.
Bought a house with god knows how many, again, not a flinch.

Commissario
For clarity, and I was hoping to not have to spell it out
Ahh sorry - Yes, I didn't realise that's what you meant.
All high street banks use their DSC to automatically check signatures on cheques over £1000. If the signature is thrown out by the automation process, it is referred to the bank.
I genuinely didn't know this, it's interesting. Thanks.

Soldato
I nearly lost a mortgage because of a change in signature! Applied for mortgage, all going well, sent off my paperwork and signed all the forms and totally forgot that the signature on my passport (back then) was from when I was about 18 and looked nothing like the signature I had at the time. Documents were returned to me and I totally missed the letter tucked into one of the forms saying they couldn't reconcile my signatures. Only came to light when I went chasing the money.

I guess because so much is done automatically now we tend not to think too much about signatures but that was my experience anyway so I guess they are checked sometimes.

Soldato
You'll have to update your driving license with the new signature. You'll have to pay for that. Passport does not contain a signature if you have the biometric chip on it.

Yes it does, it's on the page above the photo. Though, it's no longer digital and you have to sign it when you get it.

Back
Top Bottom