• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT & Radeon RX 5500 7nm Navi 14 GPUs Unveiled

Don
4gb is still absolutely fine at 1080P - Surely that's what texture detail settings etc are for - they don't always have to be set to "ultra" or "maximum".

In the case of Fortnite and other similar games, my son's 2gb 7870 is still doing fine @ 1080p 60fps

Permabanned
Yeah the 75watt non power adaptor ones would be great, am all for castration as long as its the gpu

Sorry if not understandable.

The verb can also be used also as:

-deprive of power, vitality, or vigour.
"a restrictive classicism would have castrated England's literature"

Associate
These look like they will be around GTX 1660 performance, which is 85% the performance of a GTX 1660TI / GTX 1070. that's pretty solid.

How much are they?
All the guesses I've seen are around the "$150" mark which kind of makes sense. Though I would have liked to see a little more power for the money, but hey this generation has been pretty bad at giving more power for ones money :(

Soldato
Point me to a shooter game that's better than Half Life 2 or Crysis and I'll consider spending half a grand on a GPU. Until then, I'm perfectly content to replay my 10 year old games at 1080p.

Half Life 2 was a groundbreaking game. Still holds its fun levels even today. The orange pack (all the DLC for HL2) is probably the best bargain game set money can buy. Dammit @LePhuronn , I've got a family now, I can't afford time to go back and reinstall the whole Orange set....or can I? You're a bad man putting that idea in my head again :D

Soldato
Sorry, not sorry :D

And I'll wager a fiver if you put any console CoD or MW player in front of the entire Anticitizen One+Follow Freeman section of Half Life 2, they'd lose their minds and cry. Close-quarters Strider fight and you can't hide behind a wall to regenerate health? Best of luck kiddies :D

Soldato
I might start HL2 again tonight, definitely the best story I've followed in a game.
After about 10,000 years Black Mesa is finally nearing completion, so I'll be tempted to jump back onto that and replay HL1 with the big update.

Also, have a look at Project Borealis. It's a fan development taking the "leaked" story/script for Half Life 2: Episode 3. For some reason though they're building from scratch using the Unreal Engine, rather than Source, but hey ho.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I would be interested in one of these for an htcp setup.

If your not gaming maybe the RX 5300 maybe the better choice, although it was just an oem card at this point so lets see if AMD release a series of cards to cater to all low and mid range market.

Associate
Associate
Really? On AMD's tech sheet the TDP of the 5500 is 150 watts which puts it in the same class as a RX480 yet it's only around 20% faster with half the ram.

Price dependent of course. . .

I really dont buy into the 'watts' argument, i honestly couldn't care less if a card costs me a few quid more a year to run.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Some other news popped out recently, appears AMD are going to launch 5 different version of the Rx-5500 series and an RX5300 variant. Makes sense considering they put 5300 cards in those OEM computers few weeks back. Should be good for budget low end and mid range users, looks like Nvidia are releasing more 1660 supers and soon 1650 supers already though.

https://www.techquila.co.in/5-amd-navi-14-graphics-cards-spotted-radeon-rx-5500-and-5300-series/

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-5500-5300-navi-14-gpus-leak/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/dq2w0r/navi_14_is_planned_to_have_five_variants/

Back
Top Bottom