Dell Ownership Transfers - Will Original Owner be Notified??

Associate
Hi,

I've had a number of laptops in the past, some of which have still had warranty periods valid for a few months, which I've sold on eBay or Craiglist.

If the purchaser were to perform a 'transfer of ownership' from myself to themselves, would I be notified of this being done?

Cheers.

Associate
OP
It may sound that way, but trust me it isn't.

I'm into tech, and refreshing it quick often, hence a built up of old laptops.
Curiousity is behind this one, as so far I've not had any notifications of 'new owners' of my old systems.
It'd be interesting to see if such a notification were to be sent to the original owner, informing them of the new owner.

Associate
Curiousity is behind this one, as so far I've not had any notifications of 'new owners' of my old systems.
It'd be interesting to see if such a notification were to be sent to the original owner, informing them of the new owner.

I buy quite a lot of refurbished Dell/HP laptops at work, and I've done warranty claims on them without issue even though I'm not the original owner. Never have Dell/HP asked me to prove ownership or even supply an invoice as proof of purchase.

Soldato

My life experience has also taught me not to trust anyone who says “trust me”.

Back
Top Bottom