X570 Aorus and £30 steam voucher for review

Associate
I've already spoke to them via e-mail and got a rapid reply about there being another delay, this last reply was on 2nd October, the first delay e-mail I got was on the 6th September, it's now over a month late, makes me wonder what the RMA experience with Gigabyte would be like.

When my EVGA and HyperX products failed I had a new device in my hand within 5 days, excellent service yet with Gigabyte just for a digital code I'm still waiting after 30+ days, I've only ever bought Gigabyte boards however I'll be thinking twice next time around, I know this isn't your fault, just saying how I'm feeling about the company in general.

My RMA process was truly painful as I explain in the post above yours.
That was last year.

Associate
Hello all,

Okay, let me address a few things here.... First the charge that people are mentioning, the £15 I have been informed is for postage with insurance for us to send your product back. In the first year of your warranty you are supposed to send the product back to the people you bought it from. We offer a service where you can deal with us directly, which will of course be faster. I often if the issue is big enough or deemed to be 100% our issue will arrange to have the parts picked up, fixed quickly and sent back at our cost. We've done this in the past for board with older BIOS on them. I will deal with any cases I can and will continue to offer this support to you all and anyone else that mails or contacts me.

The second thing to address is the STEAM promotion, I appreciate the people backing me and GIGABYTE up here. However, we did promise the STEAM vouchers in a reasonable amount of time and that's not happened for a small number of users that registered. While well over half those who registered got their vouchers within two to three weeks. There are a number of people who have been waiting more than that for their vouchers, I have mailed everyone personally explaining there is a delay and have also been replying to e-mails within a day or two when people have been chasing.
The reason for the delay is because the company that were supply the vouchers to GIGABYTE have done a U turn and stopped supplying them commercially. It's not possible for me to just buy the vouchers from a store due to the amount we need to buy, we've found a new company for the vouchers and the order is being processed and I hope it clear soon (it could still be another week or two, really hope not though). I am going to make sure that every one that still does not have their vouchers get's them ASAP. If anyone here has issue with this please mail the [email protected] address and I will deal with that complaint in an official manner.

I want to apologise to those that have had to wait for their voucher and we're doing our best to get them sent out. We've run a lot of promotions in the years I've worked at GIGABYTE (other STEAM voucher version too) and this is the first time people have not been given the items we have promised in a reasonable time frame. You will get what is owed, if you have further issues with this please mail the e-mail address I have provided and I will deal with those promptly.
Thanks for the information. I will wait further for the steam vouchers then.

Soldato
I bought the Aorus Master on release. I only heard later there was a promotion on here, contacted Gigabyte and got the code a week or so later. Nearly missed it as it went into my junk folder.

Very glad I didn't stick to MSI as given all their issues and slow RMA that could have been a hassle. Pleased with my experience so far with quite a few BIOS updates too since release.

Associate
I bought the Aorus Master on release. I only heard later there was a promotion on here, contacted Gigabyte and got the code a week or so later. Nearly missed it as it went into my junk folder.

Very glad I didn't stick to MSI as given all their issues and slow RMA that could have been a hassle. Pleased with my experience so far with quite a few BIOS updates too since release.

I'm seriously considering buying this motherboard for my new AMD system. Is the chipset fan noisy?

Soldato
I'm seriously considering buying this motherboard for my new AMD system. Is the chipset fan noisy?

That's very subjective, I don't hear it at all. I have it set to "silent" profile in the BIOS. My case is also under the desk. I don't think it should be a factor to prevent anyone purchasing it unless noise sensitivity is verging on obsessive.

It's an expensive motherboard but very well built, probably overkill for me but should easily cope with the highest end CPUs produced for AM4.

Associate
That's very subjective, I don't hear it at all. I have it set to "silent" profile in the BIOS. My case is also under the desk. I don't think it should be a factor to prevent anyone purchasing it unless noise sensitivity is verging on obsessive.

It's an expensive motherboard but very well built, probably overkill for me but should easily cope with the highest end CPUs produced for AM4.

My case is also under the desk and I have a Fractal Design Define R4 and I use BeQuiet fans for the case and also have a BeQuiet CPU cooler. The machine is near silent so would thie chipset of this X570 be audible? I'm not obsessive but I'd hate to buy this motherboard, set the profile to silent and then hear that annoying high putched whine small fans make!

I thought my current motherboard was overkill 7yrs ago and yet I have grown into it over the years and it was well worth the extra cash (ASUS/P8Z77-V/DELUXE)

My plan is to build the new system with 5 to 7 yrs in mind.

I'm still trying to find out if VMware workstation works with AMD CPUs though as I do lots of virtualisation at home for work/studying/research/etc.

Soldato
My case is also under the desk and I have a Fractal Design Define R4 and I use BeQuiet fans for the case and also have a BeQuiet CPU cooler. The machine is near silent so would thie chipset of this X570 be audible? I'm not obsessive but I'd hate to buy this motherboard, set the profile to silent and then hear that annoying high putched whine small fans make!

I thought my current motherboard was overkill 7yrs ago and yet I have grown into it over the years and it was well worth the extra cash (ASUS/P8Z77-V/DELUXE)

My plan is to build the new system with 5 to 7 yrs in mind.

I'm still trying to find out if VMware workstation works with AMD CPUs though as I do lots of virtualisation at home for work/studying/research/etc.

Hard to say without hearing one for yourself. I'm over 40 so I assume I'm not hearing the higher pitched sounds like the young do ;) I've still got a lot of tinkering to do but I'm waiting for all the drivers to settle down before I fine tune everything.

I'd check carefully re. the virtualisation. I think there were early issues on Threadripper but no idea where is at now especially with AM4.

Associate
Maybe I'm searching for the wrong things but I haven;t found anything helpful yet on using VMware Workstation Pro on an AMD Ryzen 3rd Gen platform.

Guess I should have started on the requirements page for VMware Workstation:

https://www.vmware.com/products/workstation-pro/faqs.html

System Requirements

VMware recommends the following:

• 64-bit x86 Intel or AMD Processor from 2011 or later
  • 1.3GHz or faster core speed
  • 2GB RAM minimum/4GB RAM recommended
Workstation Pro installation:

• 1.2 GB of available disk space for the application
  • Additional hard disk space required for each virtual machine
  • Please refer to vendor's recommended disk space for specific guest operating systems
Processors launched in 2011 or later are supported except:

• Intel Atom processors based on the 2011 “Bonnell” micro-architecture (e.g. Atom Z670/Z650; Atom N570)
  • Intel Atom processors based on the 2012 “Saltwell” micro-architecture (e.g. Atom S1200, Atom D2700/D2500, Atom N2800/N2600.
  • AMD processors based on the “Llano” and “Bobcat” micro-architectures (e.g. code-named “Hondo”, “Ontario”, “Zacate”, “Llano”)
In addition, the following are supported:

• Intel processors based on the 2010 “Westmere” micro-architecture (e.g. Xeon 5600, Xeon 3600, Core i7-970, Core i7-980, Core i7-990)

Maybe AMD will be ok?

Last edited:
Associate
Still nothing on the £30 steam voucher.

Have been checking my spam/junk every day.
Keep thinking I’ve missed the email.
When was the last time you guys had any kind of update??. (I have read the Reply from Giga-man)..
Just sitting tight but starting to lose hope.

Associate
Still nothing on the £30 steam voucher.

Have been checking my spam/junk every day.
Keep thinking I’ve missed the email.
When was the last time you guys had any kind of update??. (I have read the Reply from Giga-man)..
Just sitting tight but starting to lose hope.

Friday, to say there has been a third delay. [email protected] is the email address to contact. I would ping them an email to ask for an update.

Associate
So, 3 months after purchasing my X570i (and only after having replaced my EVGA 850w G+ at my own cost for no reason because they had nothing equivalent to test with) I have finally been told to RMA my board by Gigabyte support. And still no steam voucher yet just for a little extra salt in the wound. I did email about the voucher yesterday and was told "hopefully soon" again, so no change there so far.

Back
Top Bottom