MotoGP 2019

Man of Honour
Marc is truly ridiculous, best season I've seen him from him so far I think. Either won or came 2nd in each race and very often having to fight hard for those results, Austin apparently there was a bike issue causing the crash.

This weekend the other Honda's finished 10th, 12th and 18th.. Have to wonder what Lorenzo will do next year.
Whilst at Misano I think Marc purposely stayed behind Fabio till the end, I think this weekend he genuinely was trying to cling on till the end to make his move. Last lap was quality.

EGMWziMWkAEY6QA

Soldato
I remember the days when I used to get butterflies watching motogp and F1. Now it's just so depressingly far away from what it used to be for so many reasons. I end up also winding through the races to get to the conclusion. If anything I am finding F1 slightly more entertaining this year.

Man of Honour
I remember the days when I used to get butterflies watching motogp and F1. Now it's just so depressingly far away from what it used to be for so many reasons. I end up also winding through the races to get to the conclusion. If anything I am finding F1 slightly more entertaining this year.

F1 has been more interesting as of late because of Ferrari's resurgence and Leclerc vs Seb dynamic. Otherwise riddled with the same issues that won't get better till 2021.

What's bothering you about Motogp? Yes the same guy is winning almost every week, but it's by far the closest racing the paddock has ever had which further highlights Marc's feat.
Motogp still has screaming engines and you can confidently say has the best riders in the world on their grid, you can't say that about F1 unfortunately.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Agreed, lost all interest in Moto GP, WSB is also dull as dishwater. While it is fun to ride some of these tracks they make for boring racing as a spectator. The technology and budget for the teams is too wide (same as F1) I

The only motorcycling series i watch now is BSB it is significantly better than any MOTO GP or WSB race by miles. Half the MOTO GP riders wouldn't even make the top 5 in BSB

Soldato
Jorge Lorenzo has called a press conference at 15:00 CET today and he'll be joined by Dorner CEO, Carmelo Ezpeleta.

I'm assuming he's announcing his retirement, this season can't have been any fun for him but it'll be a shame to see him bow out like this. Another possibility is that he'll take a year off and come back in 2021. I can't see that happening though.

Associate
That was a sad press conference, I wouldn't say I was a Jorge super fan, but it is sad to see him retiring. On the right bike he was untouchable, wish he'd stayed on that red bike for another season...

Soldato
He should never have left Ducati. He finally had that bike where he wanted it, was very competitive and then moves to what is the most difficult bike in the paddock that only the freak Marquez can ride. It was always going to end in tears. Shame as he was a great rider, I was never a fan of his copycat celebrations when he was battling with Rossi. Was always so forced but you can’t fault his talent. He should take a year out and then go to WSBK. On the right bike he’d **** that championship.

Man of Honour
Sad day for the sport, but I think there's a good chance we'll see him return in 2021 - I hope we do.

Don't think we'll see Alex on a Honda just yet, but definitely looks like Zarco will have a ride at either HRC or LCR which is good news. Not really fussed who sits next to Marc next year out of Cal/Taka/Zarco.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
My guess is Cal or Zarco for one year, then mini Marquez to join Marc after that.

Much as it pains me to say it Cal's too old & inconsistent, ide like to see Quartararo get the ride as he's got some fire in his belly but some how I can't see Yamaha giving him up with out a fight.

Soldato
He should never have left Ducati. He finally had that bike where he wanted it, was very competitive and then moves to what is the most difficult bike in the paddock that only the freak Marquez can ride. It was always going to end in tears. Shame as he was a great rider, I was never a fan of his copycat celebrations when he was battling with Rossi. Was always so forced but you can’t fault his talent. He should take a year out and then go to WSBK. On the right bike he’d **** that championship.
He only started riding well on the Ducati after announcing that he was leaving for Honda which was unfortunate.

Back
Top Bottom