Please recommended a budget (Less than £100) 4G Router.

Permabanned
Great info WJA96. I’m planning on one of those mikrotik wap lte modems on the roof of my campervan. I did fancy a sxt but it’ll be too much faff setting it up every time I move.

Soldato
Great info WJA96. I’m planning on one of those mikrotik wap lte modems on the roof of my campervan. I did fancy a sxt but it’ll be too much faff setting it up every time I move.

For a camper van, can I suggest LtAP?

https://mikrotik.com/product/ltap

It’s designed to be powered from a vehicle 12/24V supply and as well as an 802.11bgn Access Point and LTE modem you get 3 SIM card slots, space for 2 more modems and GPS. And it’s cheaper too.

Permabanned
It’s basically my job...
It shows. That ltap is pretty boss with the ability to track a vehicle with the built in gps, an added security bonus. Seems a bit odd it's wall rather than roof mounted but luckily I have stuff on my roof so I can still mount it vertical up there. Perhaps 360 omni antennas work well enough attached to a side, but also if it's designed for fleets I guess they're using it in a moving environment compared to me being stationary.

Soldato
I’m off to Mikrotik HQ in Latvia soon to do my trainer certification. I do think someone hit a nail on the head though in another thread where they said they bought an SXT LTE and downloaded the app and couldn’t make it work. So they paid someone £500 to install it. I sometimes think the RouterOS people really delight in it being inaccessible at first.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the suggestions. I went with the Huawei B525-4G which seems to work fine. At the moment we are only getting between 6-10 Mbps but thats quicker than the 1-2Mpbs available on ADSL. It appears EE is better in the area so I will switch from the Three (Smarty) Sim at the end of the month.

Only downside so far is getting the phone feature to work. Tried multiple phones and cables but none of them work. Unfortunately the call reciever hears no sound. As the caller I can hear them but not the other way. I've made sure the network setting is on Auto so it can downscale to 3G for calling but no luck. Also tried different SIMs to see if it was the network but no luck either.

Back
Top Bottom