What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
If you are going to change the cush drive rubbers you might as well change the wheel bearings at the same time.
In theory yeah, but that'll add quite a bit of extra time on to the job, and I can only realistically tackle one job at a time due to time constraints. Will definitely be 'bearing' that in mind though, thanks :D

Soldato
In theory yeah, but that'll add quite a bit of extra time on to the job, and I can only realistically tackle one job at a time due to time constraints. Will definitely be 'bearing' that in mind though, thanks :D

I only meant in the rear. They are basically exposed with the kush drive apart?

edit: I suppose the fitting will take the time

Transmission breaker
Don
Oops, rounded off the chain adjuster on one side on my cbr whilst fitting the new chain/sprockets, the flipping thing was basically round anyway.
Ordered a pair of new ones from David silver spares, and just got to get the old one out now somehow. Might have to weld a big nut on to it on if I am struggling.

Soldato
Not my bike as such, but test rode a 19 plate Street Triple 765 RS yesterday. Not the brand new one obviously, but what a brilliant bike. It felt fantastic, so much fun to ride, and that induction roar!

I had the 675 Street triple and it was the most fun I've had on a bike day in day out riding to work it always put a smile on my face... Along with the roar I love the kind of whistle the triumphs have... I've not got chance to ride the 765 but I imagine it would be an immense bike

Soldato
Not my bike as such, but test rode a 19 plate Street Triple 765 RS yesterday. Not the brand new one obviously, but what a brilliant bike. It felt fantastic, so much fun to ride, and that induction roar!

Get it! I got mine last year, and it's been an utterly amazing bike :D

I had the 675 Street triple and it was the most fun I've had on a bike day in day out riding to work it always put a smile on my face... Along with the roar I love the kind of whistle the triumphs have... I've not got chance to ride the 765 but I imagine it would be an immense bike

It sure is immense - I can't stop pinning mine everywhere, so get about 30 miles less, than the reported 180+ mile tank range (on owner forums) :D

Man of Honour

It sure is immense - I can't stop pinning mine everywhere, so get about 30 miles less, than the reported 180+ mile tank range (on owner forums) :D

I always got bang on 260km before the fuel light came on on my 2012 Street Triple.

Transmission breaker
Don
Oil/filter change on the Hornet, also re-aligned the rear brake as it was squeaking slightly. Seems to have gone now :)

Also added Oxford hotgrips, which are just simply brilliant.. Had them on cb600f I learned on and really fancied that luxury on mine :D

Soldato

I’d have another street triple but I can’t do without a litre bike now because otherwise I can’t keep up with my dad and his CBR1000RR :D

Soldato
Sure you can! Unless all you do is ride on motorways and dual carriageways? otherwise there aren't many back roads where a 1000 can stretch it's legs properly, not enough to lose a good rider on a 600 anyway.... :p
Around town yeah and country roads but we do A roads with long stretches of road, he gets away too fast on his bike when the road opens up! All I can hear his him laughing through the headset :(

Associate
First parts for the sv650 turned up today, evotech sliders and tail tidy, and some cheap bar end mirrors. Havnt managed to get the sliders on yet but mirrors and tail tidy went in pretty quick today. Quality of the evotech tail tidy is excellent, very impressed

Having issues with the stock mirrors, right side the housing was cracked, dealer I bought it from replaced it, then on Monday the left side came loose, got home and went to tighten and realised the last owner has totally shredded the threads and put a load of glue or locktite in there to keep it on.. Dealer will sort this two but I can't get back up for a week or so, so bar ends will do.
I actually prefer them so far but I'll still get the dealer to fix the left mount to.

View attachment o7nRrbM.jpg
View attachment zjou5x2.jpg

Soldato
I’d have another street triple but I can’t do without a litre bike now because otherwise I can’t keep up with my dad and his CBR1000RR :D

We did a little drag race about a year ago between my S1000XR, a KTM 1290 and an MT-07. The bikes were all pretty much nose to nose until over the UK speed limit and it was only then that the MT was dropped - the power of modern litre bikes on the road is just excessive.

I'm very likely to get another XR when it is out, but if not then I think the KTM 790 will be an awesome bike. I've had a lot of fun testing on it - noticeably faster than the XR in and exiting corners unless they're real fast sweepers.

Soldato

Done. Picked this up the other day, 17 plate. Was standard, but was far too quiet for me so managed to get this SC Project exhaust second hand already. Got a tail tidy on the way too as i'm not keen on the huge standard one.

Mh7CRnw.jpg

Mh7CRnw

Associate
Just picked up the MT-09 from Steve Jordan after a service, c&s kit, MOT and a dyno reflash with Woolich Race Tools.

Early days, and I realise it's a overused cliche, but it really is a different bike. There are gains everywhere throughout the rev range, but it's the gains at small throttle openings that really make the difference The stock map is literally off-the-scale lean on the 10% and 20% dyno chart! It sounds silly, but one of the most enjoyable things about is now is the ability to hold a constant speed and throttle, not to mention the punchy feeling simply pulling away. Even the "A" throttle map is now usable!

The quickshifter and autoblipper are decent, albeit very sensitive. Perhaps not as slick as a factory system, but then I wasn't expect it to be. Although honestly the thing that ruined upshifts on the stock bike was the throttle response, particularly first to second; unless I shifted as fast as possible, limiting time off the throttle, it was a horrible jerky mess. Now it's buttery smooth and clutch shifts are amazing.

It's cold and wet today so I didn't explore the pokey end, but some useful torque across the whole range is going to be nice.

Commuting next week will be the acid test, but already today it was actually a pleasant bike to ride in traffic, something I could never say before.

Very happy. Next, I have a ZX-6R shock to fit, then perhaps some simple DIY fork tweaks.

Back
Top Bottom