Audeze Mobius - Closed Planar magnetic headphone, gaming headset, head tracking, bluetooth and more!

Soldato
How heavy do you find them? My 598s are light as a feather and can wear them for hours on end with no issues.

They are heavier than the Sennheiser without a doubt.

But, I don't notice the weight at all. They are extremely comfortable and can wear them for hours without any issues. YMMV of course, but, most people seem to find them very comfortable.

Associate
Hey Ryan...I bought the mobius at Christmas as a treat and boy what a treat they are. I use my mobius for gaming only really and I can tell you now I am no audiophile but I can tell you I would not change these for anything.
I do own other real headphones and some wireless headsets but nothing can touch the mobius.
If I had to buy them again I would not hesitate.
They might not be to everybody's liking but I bought these based on reviews and I would buy them again without hesitation.
It was the most I have ever spent on headphones but I can tell you to me they are worth every penny...

Soldato
Would be a combination of all 3. Primary use would be as a replacement for my HD598s when gaming but I also do enjoy listening to music and binge watching random Netflix series.

Perfect then as it does all three. These are made by Audeze and they are magnetic planar tehnology. It has an excellent mic, has AMP & DAC specified by Audeze and these things go loud. They are wireless for music and films if your TV has bluetooth. The 3D surround sound is VERY good for gaming. It has headtracking so you can bind in game keys to headmovements.

Some may consider all this stuff on a headset to be trinket as gaming headsets ususally are, but these are designed by Audeze which are a premium brand. IF Audeze made these 100% in USA they'd be £800. They make the magentic Planars, DAC & AMP in the USA the rest is assembled in China under Audeze's QA. They update firmware in this headset and the app also. The EQ options are set by Audeze also so you can switch between 'footsteps' for games or 'warm' or 'music' for gaming.

Anything else you'll need an AMP & DAC to compliment a particular set of cans depending how sensitive they are, a mic. All done for you at Audeze which are a premium brand.

I bought these purely for gaming but found myself using them for music also as I'd never heard music detail and seperation before. I'm VERY pleased with mine. I went into Richer Sounds and tried on a set of Sennheiser HD800S's through a £2500 dedicated AMP..........Meh for the money. My hearing aint that good or I havent developed an ear for it. For £350 they are a steal.

Associate
Latest news is that it's been ready for a while indeed but since the release involved an updated USB driver it has to go through Microsoft's certification program. And so that's what Audeze are waiting for to be able to make the release official.

Soldato
Had to return mine because sound stopped coming out of the left speaker.

Went back to using my old headphones for the two weeks the replacement took to arrive.

It finally arrived today and my ears are now happy again!! :)

Soldato
IF you haven't upgraded to the latest firmware I suggest you do so. The presets are much better now with more variance between them.

I think Flat is now my favourite.

Soldato
IF you haven't upgraded to the latest firmware I suggest you do so. The presets are much better now with more variance between them.

I think Flat is now my favourite.

Thanks for the heads up! I updated and love that the 3D Audio mode can be set to 'on' and be fixed in front of you rather than using head tracking. Getting an Oculus Quest in 7 days time so that'll be a rather interesting 3d audio and visual experience.

Soldato
Thanks for the heads up! I updated and love that the 3D Audio mode can be set to 'on' and be fixed in front of you rather than using head tracking. Getting an Oculus Quest in 7 days time so that'll be a rather interesting 3d audio and visual experience.

Yes, it's good that people can turn the 3D feature off and on now if they want. Personally I leave it on, I really like it.

Christmas morning will be exciting one in the XenonF50 house :)

Associate
I picked these up about a month ago and absolutely loving them but I I have one little niggle and that's turning off the bluetooth.

I use them wired on my pc and Bluetooth to my bedroom TV at night.

The issue I'm having is that when the missus turns the TV on and I'm using them on my pc they auto connect to the TV and she gets no sound. She's what I would say technically challenged and starts moaning to me that the TV is broke, I try to remember to disconnect the headphones when I've finished watching TV but I quite often forget. Is there anyway to disable the Bluetooth on the headset?

Back
Top Bottom