• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
System will not post most of the time and I get 3 long beeps (memory compatibility errors). Send the entire system back to OC and the CPU was the culprit. I did a lot of testing at home and I was hoping it was the motherboard but lately the motherboard was throwing microcode errors and that made me think that the CPU was probably it. Did the entire troubleshooting routine with rotating ram sticks in slots, taking out GPU, etc and here we are.

What motherboard? Because the error you describe is similar to X470/370/450/350 boards are getting when you put Ryzen 3000 on them, before previously upgraded them to the latest bios with a different CPU.

Associate
What I first thought was a dead CPU was in fact a dead CPU socket on the motherboard. There's so many different possibilities that you have to test for before being certain where the problem is.
Yeah I had another CPU to test with so socket was ruled out immediately. Had two similar systems being made together so was able to rule out all issues encountered with both systems. Managed to find out one set of memory was definitely lesser than the other too, Corsair only capable of 3733MHz vs 3800MHz on the G.Skill set.

Associate
What motherboard? Because the error you describe is similar to X470/370/450/350 boards are getting when you put Ryzen 3000 on them, before previously upgraded them to the latest bios with a different CPU.

X570 Meg Ace. I sent the motherboard, ram, and cpu back to OC and they were able to narrow it down to the cpu. With my chip it will not post. Originally I had just sent my motherboard but there were no issues found, sent the rest and the cpu was the culprit.

Before I contacted OC I had tried multiple bios, ram, etc., configurations and it would not work, or randomly it would not work.

To give a bit more background. When I first put the system together I had experienced the same 3 long beep problem but after a bios reflash the system worked flawlessly for 1 month. After 1 month the problem returned and it quickly degraded to the point where the system was slower than my 4690k.

Last edited:
Associate
Ouch not one of the best boards either, which MSI replaced in just 2 months after making it due to issues.

What's wrong with the ACE (genuine question)? I've had zero issues with mine? RAM OC has been solid at 3800/1900IF C15, my 3700X hits over 4.5GHz boost with ABBA and the chipset fan is not audible and well positioned as not to be blocked by GPU.

Plus I got a free AIO that I sold then they sent another lol!

Soldato
What's wrong with the ACE (genuine question)? I've had zero issues with mine? RAM OC has been solid at 3800/1900IF C15, my 3700X hits over 4.5GHz boost with ABBA and the chipset fan is not audible and well positioned as not to be blocked by GPU.

Plus I got a free AIO that I sold then they sent another lol!

VRM overheating and power delivery for 3900X CPUs.
3 MSI motherboards including Carbon & Ace were replaced by the Hybrid last week.

Associate
VRM overheating and power delivery for 3900X CPUs.
3 MSI motherboards including Carbon & Ace were replaced by the Hybrid last week.

Hardware Unboxed VRM test with OC 3900X on MEG ACE had no issues and was more than capable? I think you might be confusing models? MSI recently released the MEG Unify but I can't see any 'Hybrid' on their website?

Soldato
Hardware Unboxed VRM test with OC 3900X on MEG ACE had no issues and was more than capable? I think you might be confusing models? MSI recently released the MEG Unify but I can't see any 'Hybrid' on their website?

Yeah I mean Unify. Which replaced Carbon & MEG Ace due to complains.

Need coffee I am with 2h sleep.

Associate
Yeah I mean Unify. Which replaced Carbon & MEG Ace due to complains.

Need coffee I am with 2h sleep.

I like I said there was no complaints for the ACE I think you are referring to the models below the ACE:

Carbon, A-Pro and Gaming Edge

A1fksSk.png

Back
Top Bottom