****** Official World of Warships Thread ******

Permabanned
Thanks for the tips btw, Bit of a shame you have to edit the cfg but i knew that from pcgamingwiki. And upon last nights reading i decided next time im on in will try it and buy the Scharnhorst? Does that seem like a decent money maker? I could buy the Georgia instead but Scharnhorst has really juicy AA i like that and will probably want to go full anti air mode.

Then i plan to grind to Midway, Then Subs. Anything i should be aware of? But yea Midway is my ultimate goal though 3D flying looks really cool.

Soldato
The one time I put some effort into Ranked I found it hugely better than Random. But maybe it was just the ship combination that made it worked. It was a tier 8 season and I was in the New Orleans before all the cruiser changes, the stealth plus radar was awesome and I found people worked as a team. Plus with the smaller sides I wasn't going melted as much!

Permabanned
huh didnt know about the frame rate cap, edited it and im now bouncing between 95-120fps with all bells and whistles

When you play a new game, First thing is type gamename pcgamingwiki in google and visit tye page there and read for tweaks and tips. That is how i came to know about the fps cap. I think the tracers look ugly too now that im here i hope i can turn a lot of elements off actually.

Permabanned
There's a mod that changes tracers, it's in aslains mod pack among a plethora of other great mods that enhance gameplay and the ui

Can you not have none? I heard of goofy red tracers but like Archers in Totalwar games it triggers me as really i much prefer having none at all for realism sake. Could i just have the shell going through the air? Or what would be the choices in Aslains mod?

Permabanned
https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/99150-all-modstation-1610/

This is a mod launcher thats kinda acknowledged by the devs as a tool for launching sanctioned mods. One mod for example is removing the tracers

Oh thankyou!!! By the way man any chance u will take a look at my post on your gfx card? At £899 im tempted but does it throttle hard? I dont think i would buy one if it hit high temps at 4k and was not overclockable.

I guess you cannot test at 4k though can you? 4k would really raise the temps and expose the cooler. And i would be expecting mine to run many games at 4k.

Soldato
Can you not have none? I heard of goofy red tracers but like Archers in Totalwar games it triggers me as really i much prefer having none at all for realism sake. Could i just have the shell going through the air? Or what would be the choices in Aslains mod?

You can have them off, you can change shell tracers to look better and you can make AA actually look like AA

Soldato
OP
Oh thankyou!!! By the way man any chance u will take a look at my post on your gfx card? At £899 im tempted but does it throttle hard? I dont think i would buy one if it hit high temps at 4k and was not overclockable.
I guess you cannot test at 4k though can you? 4k would really raise the temps and expose the cooler. And i would be expecting mine to run many games at 4k.

Sadly i dont have a 4k monitor so cant really test at 4k. I dont think i ever mentioned throttling? just that i was bottle necking the card with my old old CPU. With your CPU you should be fine. I haven't found the FE to run hot or throttle in anything ive played so far. I have dabbled a little with overclocking it but set i back to normal as there isnt much point overclocking if im holding it back with my CPU.

Permabanned
Sadly i dont have a 4k monitor so cant really test at 4k. I dont think i ever mentioned throttling? just that i was bottle necking the card with my old old CPU. With your CPU you should be fine. I haven't found the FE to run hot or throttle in anything ive played so far. I have dabbled a little with overclocking it but set i back to normal as there isnt much point overclocking if im holding it back with my CPU.

Wait did you get sent a founders with two fans? I thought they sent you a Zotac Blower? You never said throttling on the Zotac Blower, But online reviews have and i cannot blame you being free i would not check either.

But its supposed to boost to 1545mhz, Then it climbs to 85c which causes it to thermal throttle back to 1350mhz maybe less but does it happen with 100% fan speeds. Its hard even to find someone who looked at how it behaves at default also where does it boost too and for how long.

If you have Afterburner installed, Its quite easy i simply show the graph for core clock and temps and after a lengthy 1hr session i look through the history of the graph to see if the line for core boost went below 1545mhz. The founders boosts higher even if it is a free GPU you should overclock it to the founders 1650mhz setting.

Soldato
OP
Wait did you get sent a founders with two fans? I thought they sent you a Zotac Blower? You never said throttling on the Zotac Blower, But online reviews have and i cannot blame you being free i would not check either.

But its supposed to boost to 1545mhz, Then it climbs to 85c which causes it to thermal throttle back to 1350mhz maybe less but does it happen with 100% fan speeds. Its hard even to find someone who looked at how it behaves at default also where does it boost too and for how long.

If you have Afterburner installed, Its quite easy i simply show the graph for core clock and temps and after a lengthy 1hr session i look through the history of the graph to see if the line for core boost went below 1545mhz. The founders boosts higher even if it is a free GPU you should overclock it to the founders 1650mhz setting.

Lol not sure where the idea it was a Zotac blower came from but it is a FE direct from Nvidia in Germany.

Ive got afterburner installed and with minimal proper tweaking ive had it at 1740mhz stable if memory serves but as before not much point me overclocking at the moment until i upgrade the rest of my rig as any performance gain would be negated by my bottleneck.

Permabanned
Lol not sure where the idea it was a Zotac blower came from but it is a FE direct from Nvidia in Germany.

Ive got afterburner installed and with minimal proper tweaking ive had it at 1740mhz stable if memory serves but as before not much point me overclocking at the moment until i upgrade the rest of my rig as any performance gain would be negated by my bottleneck.

When you posted in the thread for the blower you got one for free I thought you were sent a blower
I never saw you say what model you did get founders was sweet to recieve though.

Associate
Hey guys, just about to start playing this again, i used to play WOT all the time and it was really worth running a premium account while playing.( also used the lowe premium tank has my credit grinder).

Guess what im asking is, Are there any premium ships that are worth buying because they make credit grinding gods?

cheers.

Soldato
Just started playing this again after a long hiatus and Carriers still suck. I used to be really good on the old system but even though I have learnt how to play the new carrier system its still pretty much pointless playing them above T6 as there is just too much AA. Only way I can get some decent points is to do things like attacking from behind a hill/island when there is less time for the AA to kick in. Even trying the circle approach method seems to be less successful than it was before.

I have been given two lots of premium in messages from the game saying "welcome back, here's 7 days premium and 5,000,000 credits" which was pretty good. For some reason I got this message twice.

Can't remember who was asking but there is no premium ammo in this game - thank god - flags and Commander points are the way to get an edge along with the right combination of upgrades.

Didnt know about the config file hack might try that. Also another tip when you install it make sure you install the Ultra game for the best graphics use the High one for some on the go laptop WOT.

Has there been any game codes recently ?

The only mod I use is a home made one. I got all the themes from War Films involving ships and some other war themes and so I have all these playing when in a match. Enhances the atmos no end.

Permabanned
I asked about ammo as it ruined tanks for me. Also rs155 people say pocket battleships are good there is a funny video about Scharnhorst that made me want one. But i think she has a sister ship coming too? The graf spee?

I could not find many others talked about apart from Enterprise.

Back
Top Bottom