Type R and VTEC owners

Associate
As far as I know from the exterior, if an FN2 has xenons (you can see the headlamp washers), it has an LSD.

Incorrect. Factory xenons and headlamp washers were introduced in late 2009. They called it a facelift but only difference was the xenon lights and aux/usb input in the centre console. All standard coloured fn2's made after may 2010 will have an lsd and all champ whites and mugen editions had lsd as standard too.

Don
Started getting my DC2 back on the road again after a few years sitting dormant in the garage.

Carried on where I left off with fitting new rear ABS sensors (from Rockauto USA) and the left one has a different bracket to attach to to the rear control arm. Doh and wat?!

Reused the old one and then got the rear brakes done. Looking forward to getting her out and on the road again before winter.

Woo :)

Still have mine, been my daily for over 10 years!

Associate
Anyone dealt with tegiwa in regards to returns?

My brother had to buy a new IACV for his DC2 2 months ago, went for a blast at the weekend and the same symptoms as before are back.

He Emailed Tegiwa and they are saying it has to be diagnosed by a honda dealer and a replacement will be done through them

Seems pretty stupid

Soldato

Yeah, cannot wait. I hope it drives like I remember from back in 2015 as we've had a load of cars since then!

Then she'll get the full nut/bolt respray and rebuild for when values skyrocket in a few years ;)

Still have mine, been my daily for over 10 years!

That's awesome, I'm sure you've had yours for longer than me (think I got mine in 2009)!

Don
Anyone dealt with tegiwa in regards to returns?

My brother had to buy a new IACV for his DC2 2 months ago, went for a blast at the weekend and the same symptoms as before are back.

He Emailed Tegiwa and they are saying it has to be diagnosed by a honda dealer and a replacement will be done through them

Seems pretty stupid

What are the symptoms? There's not much that can go wrong with the IACV on these, brake cleaner can clean them up.

Distributor cap / rotor arm are a common fault.

Don
I'm not sure what other response you're expecting? The IACV needs to be diagnosed as faulty (from a reputable garage) and Tegiwa will send a replacement.

It could be another part that's faulty, the IACV needs testing first though.

Maybe the car is producing too much breather fumes and gunking up the replacement IACV?

Soldato
Anyone ever owned a KB1 Legend? Saw one drive past me today and couldn't help but admire it, Only thing that lets it down for me is the same 0-60 time as my 2.4 Accord despite it being a 3.5 V6 with near 300bhp.

Soldato
Reckon much can be done with them? Like a reflash and all that, from a few acceleration vids I've seen vtec doesn't look to engage until like 6k rpm which seems a waste, least with my K24 it can be reflashed to bring vtec down much lower in the rev range and always stay in vtec after each shift.

I like the idea of entertaining one in the future if in the perfect world I had a job much closer to home, i'd have to get an intake and exhaust done to liven the V6 noise up.

Associate
Just seen this thread pop up and thought i'd post...

FN2 - My first, and I liked it. Got it new in 2008. Thought it looked cool back then.
S2000 - Very much liked this. Found it a bit scarey to push hard. Sold because kids.
DC5 - Hard to fault, for what it is. Geat sound and grip.
FK8 - It's a weapon to drive, and to look at. Keep getting stones stuck between calippers and dust sheild, which is annoying.

Associate
Wanna stop taking it on the rally stage then.
You'd think so wouldn't you, but honestly I can only put it down the the lazy way roads are resurfaced around here which leaves behind a load of chippings. On average a stone gets stuck every 500 miles so far. And it's a wheel off job to get it out. Sometimes the racket they make is horrendous, so it needs doing, othewise it's embarassing.

Man of Honour
Looks like a bleedin' knocking shop inside :p

Considering that's one LED bulb in the rear dome light, it's flipping bright.

IMG-20191107-182946.jpg

Man of Honour
Need new tyres on the rear of my FN2, any thoughts?

Currently have RE050A's on the front (which are the tyres the car was developed with), and they seem ok, but I know they're outdated now.

The rears are Yokohama V105's at the moment... want to get them all matching at some stage.

Back
Top Bottom