Good single player shooter since Crysis ?

Associate
Love single player shooters with amazing scenery yet struggling to find something new. Not at all interested in co-op games, trading, hand to hand combat/swords and tried the sniper series.

Any idea's guys n gals ?

Associate
OP
DOOM
RAGE
Wolfenstein series
Just Cause
Mad Max
Far Cry series

Lol doom.
Rage naa dusty miserable scenery and nasties that jump out at you.
Wolfenstein Youngblood not bad and more outdoor scenes but naa.
Just cause, graphics look naff.
Mad max naa.
Far cry 5, and New Dawn ... that's more like it (from a YouTube video anyway). Still a bit of trading and co-op going on but will try it.

Played a single player sniper game around 10-15 years ago that was perfect. Sneaking up on different bases alone through countryside. Taking out the enemy one by one without alerting the others. The graphics were ok for the time but gameplay perfect. No idea what that was called.

Soldato
Prey!!!! The most recent one. To be fair, it does have some lite RPG elements, but it's damn good. ******* good in fact.

Soldato
Lol doom.
Rage naa dusty miserable scenery and nasties that jump out at you.
Wolfenstein Youngblood not bad and more outdoor scenes but naa.
Just cause, graphics look naff.
Mad max naa.
Far cry 5, and New Dawn ... that's more like it (from a YouTube video anyway). Still a bit of trading and co-op going on but will try it.

Played a single player sniper game around 10-15 years ago that was perfect. Sneaking up on different bases alone through countryside. Taking out the enemy one by one without alerting the others. The graphics were ok for the time but gameplay perfect. No idea what that was called.

see you are adding more rules in now. That is cheating :D

PS i didnt realise farcry is coop these days, funnily enough that may mean i will check it out. I have only played them on my own.

PS just cause 3 is carnage, and when things kick off looks quite impressive imo. cheap as chips as well. Not a game to play for hrs on end but if you have 30 mins to kill JC3 is perfect.

PS what about MGS V?

Soldato
I know what you mean about Crysis used to love working my way through the forests.
Original Farcry was as close as it gets.

Associate
OP
I know what you mean about Crysis used to love working my way through the forests.
Original Farcry was as close as it gets.

Yeah and there were crabs on the sand, shoals of fish, beautiful waves in the sea, waterfalls, trees you could shoot down lol. Beautiful scenery with settings maxed out. Yes enjoyed the first FarCry too.

Soldato
If you like a good story and feeling like crap after playing a game, I wholeheartedly recommend Spec Ops: The Line. It looks "good enough" on PC but is a last gen game.

That single player game could have been Project I.G.I (1 or 2). Fairly good game that I played recently but it now feels very "early 2000s".

Soldato
Metal gear solid phantom pain. Does have some odd bits and some elements may miss out on some wider understanding if not played other games, but absolutely amazing through and through.

Back
Top Bottom