Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Soldato
I'm nearly through Torment of Hades now. Much better than the first episode, even if as I said before I'm a bit disappointed olin the lack of imagination. At least you do a few things different, and it does have its own visual style to make it stand out. Also helps that it focuses more on combat and boss fights which suits it.

I do think it feels a bit rushed though... You have to find and fight 4 legendary Greek heroes to get them to help you, so you locate them, fight them, then they just nod and walk off. Feel like there should have been cutscenes and conversations at those points tbh.

Soldato
If it makes you feel better, I'm at 180 hours and there are still 2/3 little Islands I've never bothered to visit. I spent yesterday just going to parts of the map i never checked out before mostly just to cause some fights.

If Ubisoft came out today and said they were going to do another DLC trilogy, I'd get it in a heartbeat. Absolutely love this game.

Without a doubt, yes.

It's a very good game and very addictive. One thing this is a lot of the side quests and stuff to do are not that inventive. It's mostly the same thing over and over. Go here, get that, go here kill them etc etc.. yes it's fun and yes you can spend hours doing it but it's feels a little bit like just filler.

Associate
So I completed the main story last night. Really enjoyed the game. I think it took me pretty much 90 hours to do the story and other parts I did.

Like the poster has said above there are so many parts that are grindy and the same, I think the game would be a lot better off not having so much filler that is completely the same and include less. If the less is then more different and unpredictable and more enjoyable I think your looking at a much better game.

Associate
After 215 hours of play, I decided I better complete the main story. So, after 220 hours, I've burned my way through the main story and all the Lost Tales of Greece to clear out the quest log lol.

There are still several quest markers in a few areas that I wanna clear before starting the DLCs, also wanna clear the map (about 97% done already)! #OCDftw

Soldato
Just finished Torment of Hades. I thought it was a really good dlc, apart from the premise of the whole thing as I've said before. Once you ignore that though it is really good in general. The two boss ights that bookend the episode were obvious highlights.

Seriously though, the modern day nonsense needs to go away more than ever. What a pile of crap. It had always ranged from 'quite interesting I suppose' to something you can just ignore, but now it is actually ruining the main parts of the game imo by injecting this unneeded nonsense.

Question - Kassandra was told clearly by Alethia that she was entering a simulation created by her with the specific purpose of training her how to use the staff... Why does she seemingly forget this at every moment and act like it's real?!

Soldato
Question - Kassandra was told clearly by Alethia that she was entering a simulation created by her with the specific purpose of training her how to use the staff... Why does she seemingly forget this at every moment and act like it's real?!

You're really going to let that bit bother you and not fighting a giant 3 headed dog?

She was probably just enjoying it

Man of Honour
OP
Just finished Torment of Hades. I thought it was a really good dlc, apart from the premise of the whole thing as I've said before. Once you ignore that though it is really good in general. The two boss ights that bookend the episode were obvious highlights.

Seriously though, the modern day nonsense needs to go away more than ever. What a pile of crap. It had always ranged from 'quite interesting I suppose' to something you can just ignore, but now it is actually ruining the main parts of the game imo by injecting this unneeded nonsense.

I agree that the premise is annoying, and having skipped a few scenes, I was confused for sometime. That said, the design of each dlc is absolutely fantastic.

Answer - because she has to play along?

Agreed with the modern day stuff, can’t believe they brought it back. I often stop playing when I get to these bits.

Soldato
You're really going to let that bit bother you and not fighting a giant 3 headed dog?

She was probably just enjoying it
It does bother me because the whole thing is just lazy. It's ike they created this cool story of kassandra going through these fantastical realms meeting gods and mythical figures then at the last second bottled it and realised they wanted players to be able to travel between greece and these realms at will and the only way they could think to do it was to say 'oh let's just say its a simulation' ugh, it's turned what should be an awesome story on to something boring, and ultimately pointless in the grander Assassin's Creed story.

Enjoying it?.... Crying because one of her fiends is banished to Tartorus. Didn't seem like she was enjoying it.

Honestly this dlc trilogy would be 10/10 some of the best dlc ever if it wasn't just a simulation. It has basically meant I couldn't care less what happens in it. Will you spare this character or not? Who will rule this relam?...Who cares, there is no realm and this character doesn't exist.

Soldato
Honestly this dlc trilogy would be 10/10 some of the best dlc ever if it wasn't just a simulation. It has basically meant I couldn't care less what happens in it. Will you spare this character or not? Who will rule this relam?...Who cares, there is no realm and this character doesn't exist.

None of it exists, it's just a game ;)

You'd getting annoyed at a game within a game... :D

Soldato
Not gonna lie, I kinda forgot it was a simulation and I made all my choices as if it was real.

I can't believe AC games went from about a good 19-30 hours (according to my Steam times) each then jumps to this behemoth. Madness

Soldato
I recently got this. Beautiful looking game and huge world. However, I'm findings the story and dialogue very jarring. I'll give some examples.

When you meet the step son in the second area. That whole conversation was very poorly written. "Hahahah you're lying ! Want some work?" "Yeah sure!".

When you meet odessia the second time. You barely do anything and the option of "want to bang?" Comes up. Lol and she goes ahead with it.

Some of the quests haven't been well thought out. I had to kill the leader in the second area after weakening strong holds etc. Ok did that. I was doing a odessia quest to find some herbs. On the way back that leader is casually sat out in some completely random place away from the well guarded city. "Ok then". I approach from front. Option of assassinate comes up. Click ok. Killed him. Job done.

I then return to odessia only to get another mission to go back to this blokes place.

That's as far as I've got. Does it get better???

Soldato
I recently got this. Beautiful looking game and huge world. However, I'm findings the story and dialogue very jarring. I'll give some examples.

When you meet the step son in the second area. That whole conversation was very poorly written. "Hahahah you're lying ! Want some work?" "Yeah sure!".

When you meet odessia the second time. You barely do anything and the option of "want to bang?" Comes up. Lol and she goes ahead with it.

Some of the quests haven't been well thought out. I had to kill the leader in the second area after weakening strong holds etc. Ok did that. I was doing a odessia quest to find some herbs. On the way back that leader is casually sat out in some completely random place away from the well guarded city. "Ok then". I approach from front. Option of assassinate comes up. Click ok. Killed him. Job done.

I then return to odessia only to get another mission to go back to this blokes place.

That's as far as I've got. Does it get better???

In some instances can be janky missions, more so with radiant ones which have you going to same place as main missions. But on the whole its petty solid and most quests are not too bad. I will say, I played the game and did all the question marks and entire map first including forts, many missions end up going to said places, so you may find if you clear out big locations etc, you may have missions which end up going there also.

Soldato
The game is repetitive, the game is grindy. You can't really argue with that, but the main gameplay loop is rock-solid and the different strands of the story all give you something a bit different to do. I would take another dlc arc in a heartbeat, and tbh there is still so much Greek lore they could take(and turn in to gibberish) that they could keep this game going for years if they wanted to.

My advice to anyone starting is the same I give in all open world games; don't just wander off and leave the main story. Follow the main story as it is actually very well paced and does a really good job of sending you all over the map to the most Intersting places.

Honestly, even with its faults I rate this as one of my favourite games ever.

Man of Honour
The game is repetitive, the game is grindy. You can't really argue with that, but the main gameplay loop is rock-solid and the different strands of the story all give you something a bit different to do. I would take another dlc arc in a heartbeat, and tbh there is still so much Greek lore they could take(and turn in to gibberish) that they could keep this game going for years if they wanted to.

My advice to anyone starting is the same I give in all open world games; don't just wander off and leave the main story. Follow the main story as it is actually very well paced and does a really good job of sending you all over the map to the most Intersting places.

Honestly, even with its faults I rate this as one of my favourite games ever.

It and Origins are amongst my favourite games, the gameworlds are just immense and stunning, runs well and even beyond the game itself it excels, for example the discovery tours for the two games are thoroughly worth doing, very educational and fascinating.

Soldato
I assume there will be more DLC for this as despite how great the discovery tour is they missed all the great myths and legends!!

Surely they can't miss all that?

It is the final piece of DLC, outside those periodic missions and updates you get according to most sites: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gr...ins-creed-odyssey-dlc-has-a-release-date/?amp

With the arrival of Judgment of Atlantis wrapping up Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey’s post-launch DLC program, the game’s Story Creator should continue to generate a stream of new storylines for the game.

Afaik a number of the team have moved onto the upcoming god's gods and Monsters game. Looking forward to that also

Associate
Finished the DLCs (stopped doing absolutely every optional task after Episode 1 of Fate of Atlantis) and have clocked up over 270 hours in this game. 0_o

Biggest complaint is the modern day stuff; it's pants and it needs to go!

Soldato
The game isn't as good as Origins.

It's obviously good as I have now been playing for around 120hrs... but the main story isn't strong enough and the side quests (millions of them) are mostly the same. Go here kill/collect that return.

Fun but repetitive.

Back
Top Bottom