Crazy Prices just for me to go to uk

Commissario
Sorry
I meant to replied to ask you what dates you were going be in herm as I was going ask one my mates who has there own boat if he could take me over to herm one evening for a few drinks at the mermaid Tavern.....
I can thoroughly recommend the Mermaid. When we come over, we stay for five nights and each one of those we'll be in the Mermaid Tavern, eating their food and drinking their beer. Despite staying in a self-catering cottage, we're not cooking anything other than bacon butties in the morning.

Commissario
Sorry
I meant to replied to ask you what dates you were going be in herm as I was going ask one my mates who has there own boat if he could take me over to herm one evening for a few drinks at the mermaid Tavern.....
Bumpski.

If you come over tomorrow, we'll be in the Mermaid. Last chance though as we sail home on the Condor on Wednesday, assuming it doesn't break down or sink. Or both.

Soldato
Missed this thread the first time, but you can fly from Guernsey into the UK using just your driving license. I've done it many times.

Soldato
Bumpski.

If you come over tomorrow, we'll be in the Mermaid. Last chance though as we sail home on the Condor on Wednesday, assuming it doesn't break down or sink. Or both.

You chose great weather for your 5 days in Herm! I'll wave at you from the Guernsey coastline - keep an eye out

On the theme of crazy prices, a Guernsey to Gatwick return in February 2020 has just cost me £260 with 20kg of luggage.

Commissario
You chose great weather for your 5 days in Herm! I'll wave at you from the Guernsey coastline - keep an eye out
Seven nights on Herm and one night on GU this year :)
We were supposed to come on the Condor last Wednesday but because they put the sailing times back last week, we'd have missed the last Trident over to Herm so we moved our crossing forward one day to Tuesday and stayed in a B&B then got the morning Trident over here so as not to lose a night on Herm.
We'll be on the 10:50 boat back to GU in the morning and then getting the Condor at 14:40 (it's sailing early due to the weather tomorrow).

Commissario
Is this an annual trip then? Why Herm / Guernsey out of curiosity?
Guernsey is a stopping off point for Herm as far as we're concerned. Once I step on the Trident, I start relaxing. My level of chill increases and it's a week of total non-time. We get up, make breakfast, wander around the island, go to the pub at lunchtime for a snack, return to the cabin or wander around a bit more and finish off back in the Mermaid in the evening for tea.
I love it, it's total switch off away from the real world.
hYbypww.jpeg
HIh0x5E.jpeg

Soldato
OP
Bumpski.

Thanks for the offer again

But I missed it as I not been on the forum for a few days, Plus am not sure if my mate would have taken his boat out in the weather we been having..

Soldato
OP
Guernsey is a stopping off point for Herm as far as we're concerned. Once I step on the Trident, I start relaxing. My level of chill increases and it's a week of total non-time. We get up, make breakfast, wander around the island, go to the pub at lunchtime for a snack, return to the cabin or wander around a bit more and finish off back in the Mermaid in the evening for tea.
I love it, it's total switch off away from the real world.
Have you ever been to sark ?

Also it there any reason why you leave it so late for a holiday in herm as I would have thought june, July or august would been far better mainly due to longer day light hours

Back
Top Bottom