*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Anyone pick up the Ghostbusters game?

I had it on the PS3 when it originally came out in 2009. It's aged ok, looks great on the Switch Lite.

My one gripe about the Switch is it's it's of support for Bluetooth earphones.

Completed the PS4 version it is alright very short only like 6-7 hours, one section with flying stone statues and a gate almost made me throw my controller out the window though, had to resort to cheesing it as i feel the encounter is way over tuned as it is literally the hardest thing in the game and it's not even a boss fight.

I picked up the Ghostbusters game in the Switch, played the 360 version when it came out and as you say its aged well I think but could be bias as I love Ghostbusters. I have noticed at times the switch slowing down when there is a lot on screen though.

I think it's just the game as it does the same thing on a PS4 Pro.

Soldato
I have bought a bigger sd card for my switch, not sure which games and what is saved where, although I could probably look in settings for this, will any of the saved data be on the sd card and if so how do I swap this onto the bigger sd card ?

Soldato
Put the old one into your pc, copy the content to a folder, swap the cards and copy it back to the new card. Done.

The SD card should only have game downloads and patches, saved games should be on the console. You can just redownload the games if you prefer.

Man of Honour
I have bought a bigger sd card for my switch, not sure which games and what is saved where, although I could probably look in settings for this, will any of the saved data be on the sd card and if so how do I swap this onto the bigger sd card ?

All saved data is on the internal memory.

I just swap SD cards and redownload my games, but you can just copy the contents across as long as you do not put the new card in the switch before doing the transfer.

Soldato
Gah...annoyingly having to return my Switch Lite after less than 2 weeks :( Thankfully I've got my OG still in place.

It's not developed Joycon Drift but what I'm keying as Joycon Stick...basically it just becomes unresponsive for a few seconds then starts going again when holding in a direction from time to time.

Hopefully mines is an isolated incident and it isn't widespread.

Soldato
Okay so a week on from owning a switch, some thoughts. Great 'family' console, can't believe I didn't get one sooner. My kids absolutely love Mario Kart, it's so easy to pick up and play which is so unlike the original Mario Kart on the snes, but nothing will beat that in my eyes.

Not tried Zelda yet but I really like having a quick blast of tetris, the best I've managed so far was 13th out of 99. How much is it to unlock the rest of tetris? Would enjoy having 1v1 versus friends.

What are your must have games?

Associate
What are your must have games?
Astral Chain
Hyrule Warriors if you're fan of Dynasty warrior gameplay and you have not played it on Wii-u
Pokemon Lets go
Bayonetta 1&2 if you haven't played them before
Octopath Traveler if you're fan of classic JRPG
DragonQuest 11 i've heard runs great on Switch, if you haven't played it on other platform then id recommend it aswell
Spyro if you haven't played the original trilogy before and kids might like it
Crash bandicoot N-sane trilogy if you haven't played any of them before and kids might like it
Xenoblade Chronicles
Daemon x machina if you're into fast pace action mecha games

Soldato
Just to add some brief thoughts on being a new Switch Lite owner. Thoroughly impressed with the thing and Zelda looks absolutely astounding on the smaller but higher DPI screen with one major caveat; It's squintsville trying to read some of the text!

Man of Honour
Just to add some brief thoughts on being a new Switch Lite owner. Thoroughly impressed with the thing and Zelda looks absolutely astounding on the smaller but higher DPI screen with one major caveat; It's squintsville trying to read some of the text!

The DPI argument makes no sense to me. Just move the regular Switch 7-8cm further away from you and you have the same effective DPI as the Lite.

The difference is you can't bring the Lite closer unless you're short sighted.

Soldato
My satisfye grip tracking has updated its now in Singapore , says estimated delivery is 16-10 and I ordered it on 28-09

I've only just got an email saying: "We’re excited to let you know that your order has been prepared and will be shipped out soon!" :D

Picked up Dead Cells (cartridge) today. Looking forward to it as my switch has not had much action the past month or so.

Did you get it for a decent price? The discount on the eshop isn't enough to make me go for it yet whilst I still have other games to play.

I want to buy FFVIII and have noticed that IX and X/X-2 are in the sale and am tempted by those as well!

Soldato
I prefer Japanese audio too but the VA in FFX is actually pretty decent so I'm OK with it.

After Link's Awakening and Ori I've restarted Astral Chain and the Japanese audio in that is so good.

Associate
I prefer Japanese audio too but the VA in FFX is actually pretty decent so I'm OK with it.

After Link's Awakening and Ori I've restarted Astral Chain and the Japanese audio in that is so good.
The asia and japanese version has english subtitle/menu apparently..but they cost a bit to import and they give 2 physical cartridges.
I changed it to japanese audio ASAP on Astral Chain,like Nier automata I had to play that in japanese audio aswell and Bayonetta.

Back
Top Bottom