Why can’t I buy a Huawei

Associate
So I posted a thread earlier which I’m waiting on some replies to but I’ve been looking and was interested in the Huawei matebook range.

That’s until I tried to look at where I can buy them from. Their site links to reputable UK shops but every link is just non existent.

I know they had controversy earlier this year but does anyone know what’s happened or how/where you can buy one of these laptops from?

without breaking the forum terms.

cheers

Associate
OP
Would make it a pain to get replacement parts if needed. Its a shame because loads of people and reviews I've read have said they are very good laptops for the price. They are just what I was looking for to be fair.

Man of Honour
I picked up a 2018 model Matebook X Pro from Amazon a month or so ago but ended up returning due to a screen fault, never seen any since as the 2019 model has never (and won't) get released over here by the looks of it.

Soldato
I just picked up a 2018 matebook x pro from amazon.com
Its an amazing bit of kit and way cheaper than the 15in xps range that I was looking at. I know the Dell has better overall specs but as a package this little thing is on its own. I paid just over a grand including shipping.

I did have my heart set on the Dell but can't justify that much just yet on a laptop! Maybe next year :D

Associate
OP
I just picked up a 2018 matebook x pro from amazon.com
Its an amazing bit of kit and way cheaper than the 15in xps range that I was looking at. I know the Dell has better overall specs but as a package this little thing is on its own. I paid just over a grand including shipping.

I did have my heart set on the Dell but can't justify that much just yet on a laptop! Maybe next year :D

yeah I saw them on amazon but was always in and out of stock. I’d want to make sure it is sold my amazon as well so if it goes wrong I can return it easily.

Is the X pro the one with a dedicated GPU?
what spec is yours?

I’m wanting nothing bigger than a 14” to be fair so been looking at dell XPS’s but like you said they are very expensive. And I’m not sure when the new ones are supposed to be coming out.

I’ve been looking into the surface laptop 3 that is being released this month because they have improved the few complaints that the surface laptop 2 had such as
No usb C
Small track pad

and they have gave it a metal edition rather than fabric one.

so very tempted by this bit again it’s a more expensive than a matebook

Soldato
Yeah mines got the mx150. Struggling with crappy Internet but just managed to install a few games on it. Not had a chance to run them just yet mind so will feedback on that when it happens.

Mines the 16/512 model with the 3:2 screen.

Soldato
So had a chance to run something on this (Tekken 7 and SFV)

Its interesting

So games need to be played on Med settings to get 60fps but at ultra it was playable at around 34fps avg.
GPU temps maxed at 74 and CPU at 77. I am in an air conditioned room set to 24c.

GPU max boost was 1683 but stable at 1671 - CPU Clocked max at just under 4.0 ghz and stable around 3.0ghz

Not at all bad to be honest and I could see me running these types of games on journeys etc.

Back
Top Bottom